Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Sentra with the 1.6L motor: It has a miss at idle which smooths out as rpms climb, after the motor gets warm it will stall at stop lights. I have replaced cap rotor and plug wires, where do I need to look next?

·
Registered
734 Posts
have you changed your spark plugs?
How many miles are on the car?

only use NGK spark plugs for your nissan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the previous owner said he had just changed them but that was at least 9 months ago.
The mileage is about 250,000.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i would replace them any way, they only cost $2 a piece. you never know until you try.
and if he put Bosch spark plugs in, that would be my first guess as to the miss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK its the injector on the cylinder closest the the front of the motor(passenger side). Compression is good but that cylinder does not affect idle when you disconnect the spark plug. I am not sure if the injector is just dirty or dead. Can they be cleaned or just replaced. (thought I read somewhere they are self cleaning)

·
Registered
734 Posts
its possible you have a bad injector. its also possible you have a burnt/warped valve causing the miss. lets hope its a injector. you can change injectors but its not too easy.
you will have to take the upper intake plenum off and take the fuel rail loose to pry the injectors and rail out all at the same time. then take the cap off the injector and put the screws back in, take a flat screwdriver and carefully pry up on both sides of the injector.

if you havent already downloaded the FSM on the forum, then i suggest you do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts