Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got hte halos now.... but there is a problem...

first, the radiator guard / grill support brackets have to come off....

secondly, my mister mother fucking perfect father has a vacation.. and he sits his lazy ass at home, so i cant do it.. because he sits there watching me unscrew each bolt, and calls me a dumbass, because and i quote "If you do anything to your car, you wont pass inspection. it has to stay just like factory.... Before you get the inspection done, you better take out your radio too" so yea.. as you are all saying "damn that sux" yes.. yes it does.. Well ill update everyone to let them know what the other bugs are...

well hell, i might as well post some questions and answers stuff on here... about the halos'.

do they fit 95-97.. Yes, perfectly, exept the minor removal of the grill supports, adn radiator guard.

are the wirings extremly confusing. YeS!!!!!!!! VERY!!!!!!!!!!.. i still havent gotten to read to understand it yet... there are 2 powers... adn then 2 relays, that go to 2 plugins, and there is an Extra plug in.. that i dont know wtf it goes to..

do they look good?
yes

Do they come iwth good bulbs?
nope, gotta replace em with hyperwhites for SURE

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had the same issue with my projectors!! The harness wasn't that easy to understand. On the projectors harness there is 3 wires (mine) Grey, Green and Brown. If I do remember right, Grey (low beam) Green (High Beam) and you can figure the other one ;).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAMN im getting a really negative vibe about these lights yo. I want them bad ever since I saw Matt's painted version BUT........

oh BTW where did u get and how much....Are they the chrome or gunmetal????

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: i have a 97.

Niss200SXGTR said:
I got a 97.. well, thanks for helping somewhat guys. I have ALOT of wires though.. not just 3 wires.. i have like.. a huge bundle of wires.
You problably have 2 red (Bat +), 2 black (Ground) and the full harness that goes to the lights, and 2 connector that goes to the lights, 2 relays as well. You should only have 3 wires that you need to connect to you current harness on the driver side near the Bat.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm let me explain..

Hey. ill go ahead and list what i ahve..

1 plugin that has a ground wire connected to it, connected to a 5 ft bundle of wires that goes to another connector then there is another connector like the one that was just mentioned, then there is one that would pLug into that exact connector.. like 2 females, and 1 male, i dont know why there is a male connector.. all this leads to 2 Huge relays and 2 wires that go to a circuit/fuse i think. Then that leads to 2 red wires, and they go through fuses each. altogether there are 2 red wires with circle Screw threw connectors, and 2 black wires with circle screw in connectors, THen there is 3 plug ins for wires, 2 female, and 1 male. I know everything except the male.. and how would i hook it up to make the lights turn on when my switch goes on

Oh yea, on the case itself (projectors) ther are black and red wires for angel eyes.. but duh.. we all know what that is.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: hmm let me explain..

Niss200SXGTR said:
Hey. ill go ahead and list what i ahve..

1 plugin that has a ground wire connected to it,
(This is your left head light connector and ground)

connected to a 5 ft bundle of wires that goes to another connector then there is another connector like the one that was just mentioned,

(Right head lights and another black ground)

then there is one that would pLug into that exact connector

(This one goes into your harness, the wires that use to be connected to your stock head lights)

.. like 2 females, and 1 male, i dont know why there is a male connector.. all this leads to 2 Huge relays and 2 wires that go to a circuit/fuse i think. Then that leads to 2 red wires

(These needs to be connected to your bat +)

, and they go through fuses each. altogether there are 2 red wires with circle Screw threw connectors, and 2 black wires with circle screw in connectors, THen there is 3 plug ins for wires, 2 female, and 1 male. I know everything except the male.. and how would i hook it up to make the lights turn on when my switch goes on

Oh yea, on the case itself (projectors) ther are black and red wires for angel eyes.. but duh.. we all know what that is.
That's all you should have to connect, that was it with mine. Do yo have a digital cam?? If you do take a picture of your harness and I'll try to explain a bit more email it to [email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
You DO NOT have to cut your grill supports. Cut the supports on the lights. They will fit perfect and you will be able to go back to stock if need be. Thats what I did to mine and they fit PERFECT.

Click on my sig and take a look at some of the engine bay pics and you can get a look at what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok. My girl friend just got the halo's from RS Versions website. We got instructions for the Halo part of the lamps, but not the rest. I went to Nissanpermancemag and read there install. The harness we have has completely different connections. They don't look like the 9003 in their pictures. Also, there is a harness that is capped with a diode of some sorts. What is this supposed to attach too?

If possible can somone supply us with some install drawings, inst, or their own pics. I don't want to cut and splice unless it is absolutely neccassary.

Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
baldylox said:
Ok. My girl friend just got the halo's from RS Versions website. We got instructions for the Halo part of the lamps, but not the rest. I went to Nissanpermancemag and read there install. The harness we have has completely different connections. They don't look like the 9003 in their pictures. Also, there is a harness that is capped with a diode of some sorts. What is this supposed to attach too?

If possible can somone supply us with some install drawings, inst, or their own pics. I don't want to cut and splice unless it is absolutely neccassary.

Thanks.
I`ll up^date the picture that Niss200SXGTR forward me of his harness, I`ve added the description of the wires, even though the quality wasn`t that great! I have a friend here in town that had to cut his harness to make it fit properly. You might have to do it as well.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
If I had a set, I could do a wiring diagram, but I would have to see it first hand and tinker with it before I could do anything. Also, if your dad bothers you, you should take your tools and do your mods at a friends house. I have a friend like that with his mom. I tell him to get the F:)k outta there when he does anything to his car. There are two kinds of people in this world, those that see a car and say it can get me from here to there and those that see a car and turn it into a constant project to improve upon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
cool. i went to checker to see if the had aany conversion harnesses.....nope. looks like cuting, splicing, and soldering are in order today......

there is one other set of wires in the bundle. ours has a diode cap on it right now.....what is it for or what can it be used for??

thanks all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
baldylox said:
cool. i went to checker to see if the had aany conversion harnesses.....nope. looks like cuting, splicing, and soldering are in order today......

there is one other set of wires in the bundle. ours has a diode cap on it right now.....what is it for or what can it be used for??

thanks all.
These one on the picture as a diode cap as well, i you look carefully just beside the headlight, you have the 2 realys and the diode as well, I think the purpose for the diode is to have the 4 beam on high beam!

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow!

WOw, thanks madmax..

And heres what i have found out..

I went to my local Autozone/pepboys. and got a Female 9003 headlight harness. and it is item # 85810.. they arnt labeled "female 9003" its just a #.. so i went through oooohh.. 10000000000000000000000 different connectors til i found this one... i just have to figure out which wires to splice in the headlights... if anyone can help, it would be grand
it looks semi like this...

__
¯¯
|| ||

then there are 3 black wires going behind it.. not LABELED.. so i am trying to figure out on the male harness..there is a grey, brown, and green wire.... and on headlight stock conector, there is Red with black stripe and white dots, then red with yellow stripe, and bLack.. i am 78.6544% sure the black is ground..I simply need to figure out which goes where...

what i am thinking is

Brown connects to red w/ black.

Green connects to red w/ yellow.

and grey connects to black.

If anyone has run along this.. please tell me!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
finished

Well we got them done....after some little grounding problems.

I have to admit they look really cool.

I didn't notice that they stick out a little in the inner corner. Is this normal. My projectors on my civic are the same way.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I'll have to post some pics this week some time.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey,

hey, baldylox. on the third Male connector, where the 3 wires stick out. did you get the 9003 connector? and if you did, there are now 3 wires.. top, left, and right.. which ones connect to the headlight? and which wire connects to which?..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts