Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Stillen show I had the opertunity to drive NPM's project Altima. At Stillen it made more power on the dyno than a track package 350Z much to everyones surprise. It has a Mossy Performance stainless exhaust, Unorthodox UD pulley set and a AEM CAI, the basic bolt ons.

I got to drive the car when we went to dinner after the show. Man was I amazed what this car can do! The car was doing rolling burnouts with ease by just flooring the throttle even with the huge 245/30-19 wheels and tires! With the exhuast and intake, the Altima sounded like a Ferrari, no-kidding. It feel like a mid-14 second car. I was very impressed.

At part throttle just crusing, the car is still quiet and refined, but when the throttle is mashed, it really sings. This car can whoop its share of GT mustangs and the like no problem I bet.

I am so impressed, I want to get an Altima now. I am kinda torn between the Altima and a G35 for the wifes car. I knew the 3.5 Alty was fast but I was not expecting it to respond so well to a few minor bolt ons. I can't wait until JWT finnishes development of the light flywheel to replace the heavy 30 lbs stock dual mass unit and gets their camshafts done. That and when Stillen finishes the header development, Altimas will fly, maybe high 13's all motor from a family sedan.

I love it, M3 performance with a mid 20 k price. I am jealouse of you Alima guys!

Mike

·
Registered
641 Posts
morepower2 said:
After the Stillen show I had the opertunity to drive NPM's project Altima. At Stillen it made more power on the dyno than a track package 350Z much to everyones surprise. It has a Mossy Performance stainless exhaust, Unorthodox UD pulley set and a AEM CAI, the basic bolt ons.

I cut your quote down to save room. How did you like the AEM CAI ? Some here use it and some use the Injen.:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm in the process of upgrading from the JWT Pop-Charger to
the Injen CAI. I chose Injen over the AEM due to the larger diameter tube (3" on the Injen). Plus, I think asthetically it just
looks better!

·
Registered
641 Posts
ALTYHOLIC said:
I'm in the process of upgrading from the JWT Pop-Charger to
the Injen CAI. I chose Injen over the AEM due to the larger diameter tube (3" on the Injen). Plus, I think asthetically it just
looks better!
I don`t want to offend anyone but I chose the Injen for those reasons and I am told the price is about the same. Check out the thread by Slurppie.;)

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: I drive NPM's project Altima!

Ratwayne said:
morepower2 said:

I cut your quote down to save room. How did you like the AEM CAI ? Some here use it and some use the Injen.:cool:
The AEM has been proven to make more power on a Dyno.

It sounds really neat as well.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: I drive NPM's project Altima!

ALTYHOLIC said:
Can you show me proof?
I have seen the dyno charts but I don't have them to scan. AEM has 3-2 more midrange hp.

Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I drive NPM's project Altima!

morepower2 said:
I have seen the dyno charts but I don't have them to scan. AEM has 3-2 more midrange hp.

Mike
Hmm...well, I don't disbelieve you, just like to see evidence.

·
Registered
88 Posts
morepower2 said:

How much did the 350Z track edition dyno at? How much more was the Alty with the bolt ons?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: I drive NPM's project Altima!

scottlny said:
How much did the 350Z track edition dyno at? How much more was the Alty with the bolt ons?
The Z dynoed at around 224 hp and the Altima was 228 hp. Stock it was 206 hp.

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I drive NPM's project Altima!

morepower2 said:
The Z dynoed at around 224 hp and the Altima was 228 hp. Stock it was 206 hp.

Mike
That Dyno on the Z seems pretty low if it's putting out 287 HP to the crank.. hmm.. wonder if Nissan is fudging their numbers.. ;) 228 sounds about right. A fellow member Dynoed his Altima with those bolt on's at 230.

·
Registered
641 Posts
SILENT_RUNNER said:
Hey Rat... you got that thing bolted on yet?
What are you beebling about? Se-Rious was over this week-end. I haven`t taken delivery of Blue Max yet........

Back on subject: It is hard to choose which one to go with, but the results should be almost the same , shouldn`t they Scott ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ratwayne said:

Back on subject: It is hard to choose which one to go with, but the results should be almost the same , shouldn`t they Scott ?
Well considering our car is only rated 240 at the crank, and the Z stock is 287. Yeah I am a little surprised. So basically with basic bolt-on mods, intake, exhaust, and pulley, we have more HP then the Z? Hmm.. And I thought that the Z's intake and exhaust was not restrictive at all so I doubt a bolt on would help it as much as it helps our alty. I'm sure they'll still pull better numbers at the track, with their RWD, and LSD. but can't complain for a 4 door sports sedan :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
scottlny said:
Well considering our car is only rated 240 at the crank, and the Z stock is 287. Yeah I am a little surprised. So basically with basic bolt-on mods, intake, exhaust, and pulley, we have more HP then the Z? Hmm.. And I thought that the Z's intake and exhaust was not restrictive at all so I doubt a bolt on would help it as much as it helps our alty. I'm sure they'll still pull better numbers at the track, with their RWD, and LSD. but can't complain for a 4 door sports sedan :)
4dr sports sedan, OK It does sound better than family hauler and since both my young adults both drive Acuras, sometimes it gets rough around here.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ratwayne said:
4dr sports sedan, OK It does sound better than family hauler and since both my young adults both drive Acuras, sometimes it gets rough around here.:D
I drove the 1.7 Acura during test drives last week. What a POS that was.

·
Registered
641 Posts
SILENT_RUNNER said:
I found it to be inferior to the Civic, which I just bought.
Actually it is a Honda and an upscale one. It is like a Acura Tl and the Honda Accord comparrison.

If you are trying to say that my two Acura Integras are POS. My Acuras are distinctly superior to your Civic in finish, style and looks. The ride is wishbone because it is a Honda. The Acura is lower and sleeker than the civic there, better in CROSSWINDS.

You`re a PIP, ED a real PIP........

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ratwayne said:
Actually it is a Honda and an upscale one. It is like a Acura Tl and the Honda Accord comparrison.

If you are trying to say that my two Acura Integras are POS. My Acuras are distinctly superior to your Civic in finish, style and looks. The ride is wishbone because it is a Honda. The Acura is lower and sleeker than the civic there, better in CROSSWINDS.

You`re a PIP, ED a real PIP........
I don't know what a "PIP" is, but I'll take it as a compliment. ;)
I do agree that YOUR Acuras are superior to the Civic, but they are not what I was talking about. The new 1.7 is not. I drove both within two days and the ride, quality, handling and quiet goes to the Civic, hands down.
Cheers...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts