Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out this Salton Steamfast steamer on my Xtrail car seats, headliner, door panels , etc, yesterday . A neighbor who sold his home and left me this brand new steamer , in an unopened box. It's actually a simple contraption, only a on/off power switch, four wheels, a water tank reservoir, hose and attachments . My 06 truck interior was fairly clean to begin with ( i bought it in good condition and i frequently clean/vacuum/wipedown surface) but there were a few spots i figure i try out. Works decent enough.IT's just a steamer , no carpet-vacuum steamer thingy. Also used it on my brother's 04 toyota matrix seats and carpets which was fairly dirty interior and it did clean up nicely. Moving on to the home interior, i did my two bed pillows ( now here it did a fantastic job), some dining room chair cushions, an old couch chair. I even steam cleaned my 8 year old Addidas sneakers....the white leather sections came out very clean. I'm not endorsing a product , just thought i'd mention that if you have a vehicle with stains on the carpets or seats, head liner and or funky smells, maybe consider trying something similar to this device. No idea how much this thing costs as i got it for free, but one could look into renting a steamer or carpet -steamer cleaner from a supermarket or a home depot for the day.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am surprised it can clean without a vacuum setting, but good for you! They are normally used to steam wrinkles out of clothes, especially in retail stores. Looks like it costs about $90.00 at Amazon; nice neighbour! :sneaky:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am surprised it can clean without a vacuum setting, but good for you! They are normally used to steam wrinkles out of clothes, especially in retail stores. Looks like it costs about $90.00 at Amazon; nice neighbour! :sneaky:
hi Molly,yes i would not say it is the ultimate in cleaning, that for sure a vacuum/carpet steamer would probably be better. I don't even know how much to daily rent one is nowadays....$30-40 a day? So with this device, obviously better to vacuum out your vehicle interior and then use the steamer. When i did the dining room chair's seat cushions, i discovered if i overdid it i got water type ''stains'' left after drying. Old dining chairs and not a big deal as this dining set will get donated somewhere one day....but the cushions did look cleaner and smelled cleaner ( i added a few drops of lavender scented dish soap to the steamer water container) . Back to my Xtrail interior, i opened the doors to re-examine my previous day's steam cleaning work and i was pretty pleased. All areas i cleaned looked normal but the main thing was a lack of any funky odors...so i was very happy with that. So bottom line now that you tell me this steamer costs $90: Would I buy it? mmmmm.....not for $90....maybe if on sale for $30. All it does it boil water and let steam out the end of a hose. It's okay for light duty cleaning of seats and some clothing items, pillows, some shoes, some hard surfaces. I'm happier i got to use it for Free! ...lol...anyways, i guess the point of my original post was just to say, here is another option to clean your car interior, this is what i tried and my results, blah blah :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts