Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just worked out the deal on a 1992 SE-R. I should hopefully pick it up Friday. Monday at the latest. Have to wait for the title to be shipped from Alabama. I'm happy about it. If anyone could give me any links to performance sites that are good, or just general sites where I can get parts, that would be great. I know I may need a Passenger Side front corner marker, maybe a driver taillight, and one of the little bumper lights in the rear. The car is totally stock, so I am really excited about that.

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
Congratulations on your SE-R! I am so in love with mine...I've had mine for about 7 months now and I'm up to 142 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. Jim Wolf Technology Intake, Hotshot headers, Pacesetter exhaust, magnaflow catalytic converter, Brembo rotors and a Fidanza flywheel are my mods so far. Before you start tuning, advance the timing to 17 degrees and make sure your Throttle Position Sensor is properly adjusted. Also, take a look at the throttle body to make sure it's not gummed up from the EGR system. My car was so out of tune when I got it that it hit the Dyno with a baseline run of 99 hp and 106 lb-ft. Advancing the timing and cleaning the throttle body got me up to about 113 hp and 112 lb-ft and seriously improved gas mileage. Now I get about 27-33 mpg. I have dyno charts and process descriptions if you want them. I would also recommend getting a Factory Service Manual. If you plan on doing the work yourself, this will pay itself off quickly. I got mine for $74 from a dealer and it has already paid itself off 10 fold. Next I'm getting KYB AGX shocks after a ton of research. And, if you don't want an N/A engine, then you can always swap in an SR20DET (with a little money) or turbo the existing engine. The only thing I would recommend is an HKS exhaust. They are better than the pacesetter one that I have. Have fun...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts