Nissan Forum banner

I bought a GT-R emblem but I don't know what to do with it

5K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  SIR GTI-R 
#1 ·
Yeah so I was in discount auto ( I hate that store the ppl couldn't care less about helping you) and I saw the GT-R emblem. I started to cry (well, c'mon not really) I had to have it. I bought it knowing that this will probably be as close to a real GT-R as I'll ever be. I didn't want to rice out my 200SX, so even though I peeled the SE emblem off the back a while ago, I did not apply GT-R emblem in its place. I keep it in the little cubby under where the emergency brake handle go's when it's not being used. Most of the time I just hold it while i'm driving (i have issues). I really love that car, which is kind of funny considering I've never seen one in person and I don't know how it sounds and I've never drove on. But I just know, like you guys do.

What am I going to do? What do you guys think I should do with my GT-R emblem? I really love that thing. If my 200SX was super fast with like a DET and bigger turbo and NOS and... well then I might put it on the back but it's not so I dont want to fake the rice. maybe I can get it attached to my body permanently. What should I do with that thing, whats politically correct???

#5 ·
yeah, I'll have a GT-R. Sure Teknokid. If we were all as positive as you...

Shawn, you have some issues yourself there buddy. If anything I can stick it somewhere in my room. But I won't be returning it. I don't need the money that bad. Plus I like it. But I won't be sticking it on my car.

Patscott's idea was good. Maybe I'll do that one day when I get a house and a garage and a toolbox. I like that.

#7 ·
With the positive attitude I've seen you display on the forums, I'm sure you'll have a pristine R34 VspcII before you know it. I myself hold the same hopes. Motorex needs to have a 50% off sale or something LOL. I still wouldn't be able to get one :mad:

#10 ·
blueboost said:
yeah, I'll have a GT-R. Sure Teknokid. If we were all as positive as you...

Shawn, you have some issues yourself there buddy. If anything I can stick it somewhere in my room. But I won't be returning it. I don't need the money that bad. Plus I like it. But I won't be sticking it on my car.
I don't have issues bro...you asked what we think you should do with it and thats what i think. If i wanted to be an ass i could say you have issues for buying a GT-R emblem when you don't have a GT-R. Sorry for the opinion in which you asked for.

#11 ·
blueboost i know how you feel i have searched high and low only to realize that i wont ever own a skyline either. i too have a GTR emblem and it resides in the pocket under my radio waiting for the chance that it may one day be called upon to represent the power of my nissan. well a guy can dream cant he

#12 ·
exactly nstalr. A guy can dream can't he. Sometimes that's all we've got.

Shawn, bro, If I just bought the damn thing what made you think I would want to return it? How could you dis ANY part of a GT-R?That's just not an option for me. I shall refrain cause you didn't do anything wrong, but I get this vibe from you.

anyways, I don't ever want to try too hard not to be riced out and pass up on something that might actually be pretty nice just because of what other people might think. I've said many times and I love it, F@#k em. I don't care what other people think yet I am not tacky or whack with it, ever. Style is VERY important. Like I said, If I was actually hiding a DET under my 200's skirt, I would throw the GT-R emblem on the back cause I could represent. I would feel that my hard work validated such an emblem. Otherwise, I'll probably just keep looking at it in the cubby while i'm at the stop light eyeing the 240SX's and spec V's and even a Honda Accord with the GT-R emblems that I've seen around here lately. I wonder if those guys get it.

Everyday I'll work towards owning one someday and who knows, maybe teknokids right. I wish you all a big fat brand-new R34 GT-R for Christmas. YOu guys are the hard working appreciative people that actually deserve it.

#16 · (Edited)
Oh Man! Get a "phat" "iced out" necklace and wear it around your neck! LOL- that would be uhm really DUMB! So don't do it...

I'd probably keep it in my room. There was a guy on these boards who had one on his car because his girlfriend got it for him and he put it on the back but then peeled it off and told her it came off somewhere and he lost it. If that was the case I'd put it on the steering wheel not to disappoint a girl who is that thoughful.

but don't you dare put it on the outside of your car!! that would just be shameful!

#18 ·
yeah the steering wheel would be OK, but it's to curved and it wont stick properly. It still would be a little rice. If I liked it I'd do it though, but I dont like it enough.

nstalr- you almost got yourself in some deep sh!t with that one, that shit would have taken the cake. They don't even know where it came from huh? Now those guys definately don't get it.(camaro and such)

infrared -yeah, they try to fake the funk with those SI-R and Type-R badges usually, I guess some need to go for some more extreme rice and get the GT-R. I heard it gives an additional 3-6HP on a honda block. LOL

seva I know right, I gotta get that thing chrome dipped and throw some Ice in it and then I can pimp it around my neck. Hey if I was into the big chain thing I swear bro I really would do it and I think that would be mad pimp.

#19 ·
i actually talked to the guy in the mustang. his story was there is no such thing as a gtr nissan. my wife (who drives a civic). told him he was the biggest dumbass in the world. honda's she knows nissan's she doesnt. she told him what a skyline is and "happened" to have the super street with Craig's skyline on the cover in her car. this guy showed his ignorance for about 30 minutes and then removed the emblems. i think my wife wants to step into the nissan world she loves the r33 body style. i cant wait untill the civic is paid off then it's my turn to get a car. i'm thinking an R33 would look nice in my yard. we'll see

#20 ·
blueboost said:
I keep it in the little cubby under where the emergency brake handle go's when it's not being used. Most of the time I just hold it while i'm driving (i have issues).
sounds like somthing i would do....lol.:D i say just keep caressing it. or stick it on your firewall in the engine bay.... hidden rice.

#24 ·
Shawnsilverb14 said:
got that right. some of them about have heart attacks seeing something reposted. OH YEAH!!!
and of course bringing up an old thread is just as much of a hate crime! rule number one for a newbie around here- quit your daily life and think of topics of discussion that have not been discussed before! the rest of the time spend sitting in the corner being quiet!

#25 ·
Seva said:
and of course bringing up an old thread is just as much of a hate crime! rule number one for a newbie around here- quit your daily life and think of topics of discussion that have not been discussed before! the rest of the time spend sitting in the corner being quiet!
yes, and if you ask a question that has been asked even one time before then you do not deserve your car and you should never post again you damn lazy newbie who dosen't want to search

#26 ·
nstalr- hail to thee. The one who gets some guy with a mustang to REMOVE his GT-R badge. I hail to thee. You are the man. And your girl's got skills. I love the R33 too and if you got one I probably wouldn't like you anymore:mad: J/K LOL

landlord- You have proven yourself time and time again with your amazing mind (let's not forget your girl spouting NISSAN during her somewhat compromised positions in the bedroom) and I like your hidden rice idea. I think that could give my engine something to look up to while it's trying to hang. But i'm too selfish to let my engine have all the pleasure of that GT-R eyecandy.

Shawnsilverb14- Linky no worky. page can not be displayed. I don't want to miss out!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.