Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been researching my new car a 91 300zx na and its to my understanding i can not turbo it, but my question is; do they make superchargers for them. And if thats out of the question, i have been quoted 5g's labor and all for a (i believe) a rb25det or maybe its dett im not sure, is that a deal or is that just out of the question

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Actually there was a kit that was on a Z32 that sold recently. But to my knowledge it was the only one; plus you wouldn't be able to make that much power. Why put in an RB25? Buy a VG30DETT (the whole front clip) and swap it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the RB26DETT is that a better investment, if not where can i find the front clip for the vg30DETT bc i have looked, and what kit are you talking about a supercharger?

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
fkwktx said:
what about the RB26DETT is that a better investment, if not where can i find the front clip for the vg30DETT bc i have looked, and what kit are you talking about a supercharger?
I don't know what kit it was. It was on a Z32 that was for sale on Ebay.

Look around they are for sale all the time. Call Z1 motorsports they have a whole junk yard full of them.

A RB26DETT will also be a waste. For what you spend to get a stock engine in your Z you could of made a 500+rwhp Z32 that is powered by a VG30DETT.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
I'd only install an RB26 if you have lots of money to spend and want something a bit exotic. Otherwise just stick with the VG30DETT as JamesZ said. It's quite a capable engine in it's own right. Fully capable of 600+ Hp on the stock internals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts