Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the interstate in a busy traffic area and had a blow-out. I did a complete 360 before going down in the median waiting to be towed. It was the back right. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the rear tires were not going straight up like normal. It was more about in the 1:00 position. The top being the one when looking from the back of the car. I just forgot it because it wasn't that noticeable.

The inside of the tire ripped all the way around. O.K., here's the question. What is causing the tires to being pointed outwards? Would it be the bearings or coil spring?

I'm getting new tires on it as I speak and the dude putting the tires on didn't know.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Just bad camber caused by bushing wear/weak springs in the rear. That's typical on the Z31s, I'm afraid. Replace the springs and trailing arm bushings and that should put the tires back straight again. It just caused unusually quick tire wear on the inside edge, you'll want to keep a good eye on your new tires til the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Just bad camber caused by bushing wear/weak springs in the rear. That's typical on the Z31s, I'm afraid. Replace the springs and trailing arm bushings and that should put the tires back straight again. It just caused unusually quick tire wear on the inside edge, you'll want to keep a good eye on your new tires til the problem is fixed.

My spring isn't straight up and down. It has more of a curve in it. I called Nissan Dealership today and they said, that's the way the tires are supposed to be. But I personally think I need new springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts