Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently able to buy a manual 300 ZX 1985 and I’m wondering if the wiring harness will be able to be used in doing the swap in a hard body or should I just get a pathfinder wiring harness

·
Software Developer
856 Posts
The manual transmission doesn't have a wiring harness. It's got a Reverse Switch, a Neutral Switch, and a Speedometer Sensor.

The 85 manual probably uses a Speedometer Gear, so you'll have to swap it with your Speedometer Sensor - but they go in the same hole, so you should be OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual transmission doesn't have a wiring harness. It's got a Reverse Switch, a Neutral Switch, and a Speedometer Sensor.

The 85 manual probably uses a Speedometer Gear, so you'll have to swap it with your Speedometer Sensor - but they go in the same hole, so you should be OK.
Do I have to change the entire body harness or are they the same and I just had to change the ECU in the engine harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do I have to change the entire chassis harness or can I use the hardbody chassis harness and change it the DG 30 engine harness and EC you and run my body harness

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.