Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I´m very glad to join this forum and hope to get and share a lot from it.

In an recent dinner, I was advised that the Nissan X-TRAIL wasn´t allowed to be sold in the U.S. because of security concerns. What can you tell me about this: is it true or not?

Thanks and regards to all.

Aljoca61

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
LOL

Aussie.. can we have fun with this!!!! Sorry.. but you have got to be kidding.. I don't mean to be rude...but what can an X-Trail do (LOL) to cause a security concern!.. It's been sold en every other country in the world for over 5 years!!!! Would you mind elaborating on this... exactly what you heard... sorry to be making fun of this... but who, what, where, when and why was this told to you?

Stephen

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
SCHESBH said:
Aussie.. can we have fun with this!!!! Sorry.. but you have got to be kidding.. I don't mean to be rude...but what can an X-Trail do (LOL) to cause a security concern!.. It's been sold en every other country in the world for over 5 years!!!! Would you mind elaborating on this... exactly what you heard... sorry to be making fun of this... but who, what, where, when and why was this told to you?

Stephen
I'm sure he probably meant to say something OTHER than security concerns. Maybe SAFETY concerns.

·
715 Posts
Security or Safety...

Either way... until we know we realy cannot say much. It just is laughable when I hear something like this....especially when the X-Trail has been proven worlwide...also.. Nissan has what the Murano, Xterra, Pathfinder, Quest, Altima, Senta, Maxima... all sold in the U.S.... the only reason I can think why it was not introduced into the U.S. is because it is the only vehicle from Nissan not manufactured in the U.S... but Japan! This could be an issue...not being a North American built vehicle.

Safety/Security.. I really doubt it. Just look at this forum... has anyone had a major issue..and whe have people from many parts of the world..and most love their X-Trail.

Stephen

Gimp said:
I'm sure he probably meant to say something OTHER than security concerns. Maybe SAFETY concerns.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
As "laughable" as is may be. You don't have to come off like that for someone FIRST post to the forum. Way to welcome him to the forum. :rolleyes:

·
715 Posts
Right

You are correct and I appologize for that but I do hate rumors or bad mouthing of any kind for anything. Looking around the X-Trail forums (and others online) and reading the many wonderful and informative posts here, should indicate that if there was a problem during the years that it has been in production it would be known by now.

Stephen

Gimp said:
As "laughable" as is may be. You don't have to come off like that for someone FIRST post to the forum. Way to welcome him to the forum. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
That's why he was asking the question here, on the forums. He isn't spreading rumors. He is just trying to see if this is true or not.

To be honest, I did my fair share of searching online for the answer and I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

Hello everyone and I do apologize if my english wasn´t clear enough. What I meant in my first message was actually if there was a Safety issue with the X Trail. I saw in the TV news here in Mexico an accident (rollover) involving an X Trail and I should say it was almost completely destroyed. All three passengers died. The part of the cabin with the glasses and up to the roof disapeared. That was basically my concern. I hope I made myself understood better this time.

Thanks again to all who came in my help without irony.

Rgds,

ALJOCA61

1 - 9 of 9 Posts