Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
First, hypercoil is incorrect name, it's hyperco.

Second, it's obvious there are some really green people here who need the full spec spelled out. It's 350 lb/in, as in pounds of force required to compress the spring one inch. This is the standard way to specify spring stiffness in North America. For metric countries, you'll see kg/cm, kilograms of force required to compress the spring one centimeter. These numbers have absolutelty nothing to do with the amount of total weight the springs can support.

Third, anyone who wants to drop their Sentra more than one inch on OE style struts is a fool. Well, if you still want to drive it on the street, that is. Show cars can get away with anything.

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
manuelga said:
James120 asked clearly about the weight, not about the compression rate,
Only because he is absolutely a beginner and doesn't understand what is meant when spring rate is mentioned. A lot of people take a verbal shortcut and say "350 pound" springs because the typical audience understands it's really "350 pounds per inch". He doesn't seem to know that.

manuelga said:
wich by the way, you're wrong:
I pulled a number out of my ass to use an example.

manuelga said:
I agree with you with the drop issue, but I can't see where it comes.
Read any of the NPM suspension articles to see where that limit comes from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.