Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Nissan Enthusiast
3,170 Posts
Seeing it was Jalal of the Australian X Trail forum who wrote that almost 8 years ago, maybe that would be a place to ask for you. I would think your best bet would be to find a T30 model that had them and was scrapped. As he pointed out though, you will pretty much have to dismantle the interior of yours to remove the headliner to get at the bolts that hold your existing rails, and after your install you will need to wire a special switch for them. I honestly think you would be better off buying an existing one with them already installed and reselling yours that doesn't have them. Otherwise, you could check with a 4x4 type shop and see what kind of aftermarket roof light kits they offer and seeing if one of them might be a good alternative. Good luck. I have been enjoying the Aussie Open!

· Nissan Enthusiast
3,170 Posts
Go into the sticky section of the X trail section here. In it you will find a link on page two of the Hot links thread for the factory service manual. You will find info and diagrams for the entire system there. I suspect you will have to drop your roof lining, to remove the existing rail trim and install new ones. That is not an easy job, and requires a lot of interior dismantling. There may also be a wiring harness you will need to get, and possibly a switch. Good luck, that will be a big project.

Here is the link

https://ownersmanuals2.com/make/niss...rail-2006-4143

· Nissan Enthusiast
3,170 Posts
While it seems these were not available for the 2005 ones in Canada,it was an option for 2006 models and you can find used models with them installed. Might be easier and cheaper to buy one with them already on .

· Nissan Enthusiast
3,170 Posts
Well good and good luck with the install. Let us know how it goes and what you learned in doing it. You will find the service manual useful for undoing the interior, and figuring out the electrics.
I can see those lights being great for country or cottage roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.