Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know you might not like this as this is done more to "low riders" (caddys, and trucks and what not) but how much does this stuff go money wise, and how is the ride on them? I would like to know some foreground info, thanks.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
i've seen it before...

not sure i can offer much on this topic but i saw a hugger orange early model sentra (a b13, i think) with hydraulics/airbags. it was just in passing, but man was it trippy. i was freaked out alone by the color of the car.

usually, if you can dream it you can do it. sky's the limit, my friend.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your partially right hard_charger, but usually in my case, moneys the limit, :) / :(

J

·
0 Posts
i also have a 95 200sx-se and i too have wondered about hydrolics/airbags

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
I have personally replaced the rear axle assembly on a buddys 200sx se...it snapped the pass side trailing arm, as well as cracked the rear strut towers..

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Re: i've seen it before...

hard_charger said:
not sure i can offer much on this topic but i saw a hugger orange early model sentra (a b13, i think) with hydraulics/airbags. it was just in passing, but man was it trippy. i was freaked out alone by the color of the car.
I know exactly what your talking about. I was leaving Target and while I was making my way to my car I here this loud muffler coming from behind, in my mind I thought it was just another riced out compact. I turned around and saw a white early model b14. Looked stock besides nice chrome 17", a loud muffler, a nopi sticker, but this thing was slammed. Probably like 2-3" off the pavement. I was in shock, but what blew my mind was when it past me, the rear just lifted up about another foot. I was frozen for a while there trying to recall what just happend.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, 420sx, thats what I want to accomplish! Many of my friends tell me not to waste my time with a Nissan, and I want to show them you can do with a Nissan what you can do to a Honda, but 10x better. And im fascinated by Hydraulics in general.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Go With Air-Bags

IMO if you are going to go through all of the trouble go with the air bags. Here in Cali there are everywhere, essecially on oll these damn s-10's. We have a few nissans here also that are bagged. The kits start at around seven hundred dollars. You are gonna have to know what you are doing to install them. We have a great custom shop here in my town called Sisco Customs, these guys kick ass. The bag set ups run around 1,100 to 5,000, depending on if you want to run 1/2 inch lines with gas and a compressor. to the cheap set up with 1/4 inch lines with a compressor.
Hydrolics are too messy, and have a lot of problems compared to bag systems. But they bolth are pretty awesome toys to play with.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that what those low riders use? or what do the people in those mags use, the hydraulics? And with the airbags, is it the same idea? Press a button or something and the car goes uup/down?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DEF. go with the air bags--My boy got on his civic hatch and theres just nothing like it. People literally break their necks trying to get a good look.

The best part is parking your car and then slamming it to the floor!

But its not all that easy I mean U got wait for it to charge up to a certain level in between hitting the switches and everything

IF U GOT THE $ DO IT.... y not

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MP2050, does your civic friend have a screen name or something I can contact him? I want to know some details, and pricing, or maybe you can help me? Thanks a lot

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And if I get air bags, performance driving is out of the question right? And another thing when I get the air bags, and I get either 3 or 4.5 or 6 inches, when I drive then it will be that low right? (or If I have it up it will be that high) I thought the 200sx cant (or shouldnt) be lowered more than 2 inches? Cause of the suspension problems. Or is it possible? I was thinking of going with the 4.5 inches, since 3 inches wouldnt be that noticable and the 6 is too expensive.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can someone move this thread to the Suspension Forum? I dont know what I was thinking to post it here, thanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
well Psch as far as I know--performance with air bags is def. out of the question--U put air bags on the car-then dont expect to be running to much at all.....

the 3-4.5-6 is how loww it can get when dropped--but u can adjust it to stock when driving....I think

BUT im not to sure about the specs of how this works I just know that its fun to be able to hit the switches and it looks good u know....

Ill try and find out sum more about it from my boy this weekand

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
well Psch as far as I know--performance with air bags is def. out of the question--U put air bags on the car-then dont expect to be running to much at all.....

the 3-4.5-6 is how loww it can get when dropped--but u can adjust it to stock when driving....I think

BUT im not to sure about the specs of how this works I just know that its fun to be able to hit the switches and it looks good u know....

Ill try and find out sum more about it from my boy this weekand

·
Registered
63 Posts
I CAN HELP YOU ON THE SUBJECT

ok i think i might be able to help you. i am also in the sport truck world. a bunch of my buddies have bags on their trucks and i am saving up for mine now. not only that but i am going to get cans on my nissan (99 GXE) as soon as i graduate (gift from me to myself).

dont go with hydraulics!!! also i wouldnt go with the bag-over-strut combo!!! although it would work it is actually harder to do.

what you are going to need to look for is a good set of "cans". Make sure that you get the "Mac-Air" cans. they are the best on the market hands down(they are bullet proof) There is nothing out there that is actually made for our sentras so when you buy the kit you have to make your own mounts for the front and the rear but it can be done and in my opinion it would be awsome. but if you do not know what you are doing then you need take it to someone who does.

if you go to devious customs you can see some videos of a sebring with cans on it. this is the kind of kit you will want. the ride is good, but still a little rough(probably not any more that stock). with hydraulics on the other hand the ride sucks(i know i used to own one).

What ever you do, DO NOT GO TO AIM aka: SHAIM their "kits" will mess your car up more than help you get what you want. I know they have a good price but trust me their stuff is not worth it. PLEASE IF YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING I TELL YOU REMEMBER THAT!!!

This is not cheap, a GOOD kit will run you about $1500-$1900 for everything you would need not including installation. just download the videos from devious and deside if you would like to spend that money.

go to these websites, get the numbers and call, they know what they are doing.

devious customs
Brislands

As for hauling butt everywere, that is not completly out of the question. although i would not suggest it at all you still could if you wanted to, but who needs to when you can cruise down the street with your back wheel sucked into your trunk (go to the videos and you can see it)!!!

both of these places can help you do whatever it is that you want to do. if you want talk to me my email is [email protected] and my aim screen name is cfincher8198

hope i can help you out..
laterz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts