Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wondering if someone here can give me some advice...
My 1993 Sentra makes some humming noises like vibration sounds (lo freq.) It seems to come from back so i changed the rear hubs to new ones, it didn't stop but sounded different... so changed the front bearings.... and guess what? still the same humming... it starts to sound at about 35 or 40MPH and increases as speed increases. Any ideas?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep... makes very anoying noise.... i was wondering if the problem could be the cv joints or some other bearing somewhere in the front but before i start changing parts would be better to get the advice from some more experienced user :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo guys

yo guys, Ive got the same problem dosent affect performance.....but its a humming sound coming from the rear and it gets progressivley louder as speed increases.....you know what it is?......simple its our rear wheel bearings.....they are inside the hub........to fix it go to nissan (or if you can find it cheaper by all means do it) and get the rear wheel bearing kits. These are complete with brand new bearings and sealer. Gotta take the hub off and get the bad one out and put the new one in. Hell to save some labor costs while the hub is off im getting brand new brake shoes put in. But trust me thats your problem....after that no more noise......Hope this helps peace out all!!!!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
How many miles do you all have when this problem showed up? I have 140K but I don;t have that noise, or at least I don't think I have.

·
Registered
346 Posts
well

well I myself just came on 90,000 The noise gets progressivley louder as time goes by. Also larger rim and tire packages put a strain on wheel bearings as well making them wear out a little faster.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i thinked the same so i replaced both front and rear bearings and still has the same problem... i owned a 87 Sentra and it was very quiet, now with this 93 i was expecting the same but it's noisy, i was looking at the page 8-6 in the Hanes Sentra Repair and found some bearings too at the right drive shaft but don't know if that's the problem... maybe this weekend i will rise the front side of my car and run it "in the air" to see if there's any noise comming from the front wheels...

The noise is comming i guess from the back but hey, i have changed the rear hubs with new ones from BCA/Federal Mogul and also changed the rear brake fibers just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts