Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i hit a median coming into a parking lot and my car started to knock a little later the knock left once i got the car into my garage i had two mechanics come look at it when i started it it grinded and then died it also wasnt getting any oil pressure one of them noted they said that they thought that the oil pan was pressed up against the flywheel and thats why it was doing that and that i would have to pull the engine so i can get the oil pan off in order to find out if thats what it was does anyone else have any other suggestions. pulling the engine is the only way to get the oil pan off because 4 of the bolts are right above the subframe and there is no way to get to themthere is like a inch clearance if that i would just pay someone to pull this and do it for me but i mean im 19 i dont have the money for something like that so its going to have to be something i do on my own or with some help from family members.

thanks any help is appreciated

·
Registered
117 Posts
no oil pressure allota times = no oil so you might of smashed the pan and posibly put a hole in it still have to pull motor or take a bunch of stuff of the bottom in order to get to it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont think a hole because nothing has leaked at all but i mean i might have smashed something i dont have the money to pay someone else to do anything for me so its all up to me and the advice of others to figure it out i just would love help somewhere to start looking but thanks for the help if any more i would love to know what you think and ill update to show what all i have done

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,217 Posts
The oil pickup screen on the SR20 is normally very close to the bottom of the oil pan. A dent on the bottom of the pan will stop the oil flow. Remove the pan and flatten out any dents. Also check the pickup tube for any cracks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pulled off the oil pan and it was bent really badly so im hoping that is what it is im talking to someone about getting another oil pan as soon as i do ill slap it on and find out

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Can't beat the dent out at all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts