Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im thinking of order the HotShot Header! The question are do the sound get a lot of louder??? Even at stedy speeds?...I have a Nissan Primera GT 1998 same as Infiniti G20. Plz answer my question.... And one more....are my car getting alot faster? I now they say about 10hp...but do i feel it?

Thanks/ Jonas

·
Registered
389 Posts
Whatever you do don't buy a header directly from Hotshot unless you have months for it. You will not get 10 hp from this or any header i have ever seen. I think you are more realalistic to get like 6-8 hp. Try going to SR20deforum.com and get a used one.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Im from Sweden...and we only have the Primera..So wheen i drive at say 90mp/h do it sound a lot louder??? Or is it only at trottle?
Thx/ Jonas

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am probably going to get slammed for this but, here goes. I don't think the Hotshot header is all that great. First off mine has the great cricket noise that all Hotshot headers were blessed with. Second, two months after installing mine I got two small holes near the flange at the top of the header. Lastly the flange were the primary and secondary meet has a gouge that had to be filled to prevent an exhaust leak. My header may have been a fluke but still, for the price HS is charging I think there are better choices.
Seeing how you have a primera I am assuming that you are overseas. If so there is there is a company that sells very nice SS headers there. Some people on the Sr20forums have been ordering them, they praise the quality highly. Cheack in the VE forum @ www.sr20forum.com and you will find the companies web sight info.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Oh please....

Hot $hot headers are not world class headers. (IMO) If you are in Sweaden and trying to get headers for your Primera, i would import them from Japan.. Much better quality.. (maybe some of the parts are available in UK??)
Fujitsubo in Japan makes great headers for SR20, Apex'i, and several others make FWD headers for your Primera. Also, U.S SR20DE comes with EGR system so HS header will have a big unneeded hole right on the header.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts