Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 79 dollar Hotshot installed yesterday I'm pretty sure I got everything right. I was confused on which end of the cold air extension tube goes into the fender well, but I got it in somehow. It seems that the engine goes higher in rpms before it downshifts (mine's automatic) I like the sound of the intake. I think the filter is concealed from rain and water and the whole intake measures about 3 ft. I'm not concerned about water getting into the intake manifold.

The MAF adapter that comes with the HS intake is cheap so I saved the HKS aluminum adapter I had installed already.

Now what's going on with this lil' tube, am I supposed to drill a hole in the HS piece between the throttle body and MAF and stick it in ? Is it okay if I leave this hanging in the engine bay ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
when i had mine put in with some friends the same problem came up. I forget if its what you are showing but i do remember that some piece did not what no where to connect to. so they just left it alone. The picture could be better, i'm not sure what your holding on to.

i guess it was like an o2 sensor, but it wasn't that important. but the car still runs great

·
Banned
93 Posts
im getting an intake for xmas hopefully i dont run into this problem

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
huskya83 said:
when i had mine put in with some friends the same problem came up. I forget if its what you are showing but i do remember that some piece did not what no where to connect to. so they just left it alone. The picture could be better, i'm not sure what your holding on to.

i guess it was like an o2 sensor, but it wasn't that important. but the car still runs great
That's a tube that used to be attached to the OEM intake ducting right after the MAF, however Hotshot forgot about it. I didn't check to see where it leads it's so cold outside, I was just wondering if anyone knows already.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Is that the small vacuum tube, or does it look like a sensor. I cant tell cause the pics a kinda small.
If it is a vacuum tube, there should be a nipple on the lower part of the intake tube for it.
If its is a sensor. That is the IAT (intake air temp.)sensor. You can do one of two things.
1. Leave it disconnected, and stick it in the hole in the inner fender where the wiring harness come in through.

2. Drill a hole into the lower tube and insert the sensor there.

It wont hurt your car to leave it out, but its just better to have the sensor in the flow of the incoming air, where it should be. It also may cause your car to throw an error code, hence lighting up your service engine soon light.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a thumbnail pic... did you click on it for detail ? I decided to drill a 1/4" hole and install a rubber grommet and then insert this tube in the CAI anywhere after the MAF.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Right on much clearer now....lol
Yea there should have been three nipples on the upper intake tube. Two large ones, and a small one on the bottom side near the firewall of the upper intake tube. Since I dont htink you have one for some odd reason, you did the right thing by installing it into the tube.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
that tube doesnt do shit. i have had mine off for 2 years now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.