Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a set of headers for my car.. i already have my Stromung. There are a few up for sale in the classifieds section of the forum.. One of them has an estimated 10,000 miles on the car and another is an estimated 1 1/2 years of use in a car. According to both individuals.. there are no cracks and both are in fine shape.

Do you guys recommend i stay away from the used HS headers and go straight to the new or it don't really matter?

Thanks

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
aimlesspee said:
I'm going to purchase a set of headers for my car.. i already have my Stromung. There are a few up for sale in the classifieds section of the forum.. One of them has an estimated 10,000 miles on the car and another is an estimated 1 1/2 years of use in a car. According to both individuals.. there are no cracks and both are in fine shape.

Do you guys recommend i stay away from the used HS headers and go straight to the new or it don't really matter?

Thanks
I wud go wit a new one since It comes with new gaskets, relocation kit plus the egr tube, dont know if those in the classified comes with everything, u might want to PM them to find out

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
if you are talking about NUSKOOL's used headers, they were once mine and are in excellent condition and we use to polish them all the time for shows. make sure they come with everything including gaskets like nuskools does

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you've just bought a new Stromung catback, put out the extra bucks now and get a new header. Then you've got new front to back and no problems that often arise with used stuff. After all, exhausts wear out.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
nissannx said:
If you've just bought a new Stromung catback, put out the extra bucks now and get a new header. Then you've got new front to back and no problems that often arise with used stuff. After all, exhausts wear out.
True but it takes time, also depends on the prices

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a few people having headers for sale on the classifieds.. one says that it doesn't have the gaskets but i can get the gaskets from a Nissan dealership and they're about 6 bucks each.. aside from the gaskets what does it need?

Please, thank you

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
aimlesspee said:
There's a few people having headers for sale on the classifieds.. one says that it doesn't have the gaskets but i can get the gaskets from a Nissan dealership and they're about 6 bucks each.. aside from the gaskets what does it need?

Please, thank you

aside from the gaskets, the only thing it needs are bolts : 17mm

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
I would also pick up a bottle of wd-40 for the old bolts on the secondary....Makes work alot easier :)

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Your nissan dealer doesn't have the copper gasket that goes in between the Hotshot header and downpipe, also the header is useless without the EGR bung that comes with the Hotshot header, the stock bung is way smaller and won't fit. Why don't you just buy it new ?... I got mine from LIUSPEED... he'll get you a new one fast.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Twiz said:
Your nissan dealer doesn't have the copper gasket that goes in between the Hotshot header and downpipe, also the header is useless without the EGR bung that comes with the Hotshot header, the stock bung is way smaller and won't fit. Why don't you just buy it new ?... I got mine from LIUSPEED... he'll get you a new one fast.
400 bucks versus 150 or 200 or 260.. that's why dude.. i already spent FIVE HUNDRED on my Stromung! :( And now i need to get a resonator and a new cat (i think).

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I agree it is expensive... but you don't want to spend 250 or 120 on some part that's gonna end up in your closet cause you can't install it. Just make sure it's a complete setup... turn the product on all sides and be very picky about it before you buy it. I spent 50 bucks on a spoiler with nasty scratches (chunks out if it missing) I got on ebay ... the seller said its in excellent shape but it wasn't ... I'm not gonna drill holes in my trunk for this POS. I wasted 50 bucks for nothing and I admit it.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Twiz said:
Hotshot Headers uses upper OEM gaskets... they can be found at any Nissan Dealer. You are correct about the lower copper gasket on the downpipe.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, it's me again!

Well.. i've got my Stomung.. 500 bucks! I'm deciding on saving up for a NEW HotShot Header or get one off this d00d.. it looks clean.. he seems reputable and soem guy has vouched for him and the headers.

I'm going to get a Cherry Bomb resonator.. i hear they are only 20 bucks.. but if anyone else has a suggestion let me know. Also.. does the resonator mount up to the pipping without any fabrication? Etc

I will also need a new cat.. an SE-R cat has been recommended. I've contacted a few sellers on the sr20forum.. they're used cats of an SE-R.. does it matter how many miles it's had? Will it just be just as fine?

Also, does it matter if it's of an NX 2.0L and not a 200SX SE-R?

Thanks

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
aimlesspee said:

Please, thank you
the copper gasket in the middle of the header is 40 bucks I believe as well.

I paid 220 for my HS header used and then 40 for the copper gasket and 15 for the other 2 gaskets So my header ran me $275.00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts