Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the HS header on my 98 SE-R for about five months. The dammn thing rattles! Ive put up with it for awhile. After investigating, i determined it to be the flex coupling. The thing rattles really bad when im idling. How can i fix this? Anyone else have this problem? Is it the coupling, or something else? Help me out!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Seems like you got the same crap most of us got. Some people didn't get ones with the noise, but lots of people did. Then again, your problem may be different. Mine makes noise at certain rpms. I got the flex pipe changed, but it didn't help.

·
Banned
492 Posts
wait so a large majority of the headers do this? I was thinking about purchasing a HS header in the near future, but not if it makes my car sound like shit. Is there a remedy for this problem?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Has this been reported to Hotshot? If it has, do they intend on doing anything about it?

I doubt I'll be going with the HS header anyway....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the install. Im mechanically minded enough to do it myself. I also did my clutch install buy myself with no probs. The problem exists in the header itself. I would suspect installation as the prob if i hadnt done it myself. Would ES motor mounts help? Any ideas?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
zeno said:
Who did the installation?

My HS headers are great....no rattles at all
You have more than one?
Must be some crazy swap :D

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
It's awesome, I connected an addition header onto the first header and lead it directly into the AC. Now I get frozen exhaust and a wicked +50 hp!!

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
zeno said:
It's awesome, I connected an addition header onto the first header and lead it directly into the AC. Now I get frozen exhaust and a wicked +50 hp!!
NICE! :D LOL!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Flex pipe

Hot Shot had a bad batch of flex pipes a while back. Those people that contactted Hot Shot and were determined to have abad flex pipe had their bad secondaries replaced. You may want to contact them and see if yours is one of them. AGain, it was only one run of headers.

My header has NO issues at all.

V

·
0 Posts
This is funny because i have a 99 Nissan Sentra GXE and just put on my HOtshot headers and im having the same problem. I called hotshot and there sending me a new second pipe that includes the flex pipe. I hope that fixes it, because if it is still a problem im going to have them send me more untill the problem is fixed.
Any body know anything about there intake.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Re: Flex pipe

wes said:
Hot Shot had a bad batch of flex pipes a while back. Those people that contactted Hot Shot and were determined to have abad flex pipe had their bad secondaries replaced. You may want to contact them and see if yours is one of them. AGain, it was only one run of headers.

My header has NO issues at all.
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

The only reason I do not intend on picking up the Hotshot header is because I have plans for some kind of swap in the future. Either the SR20DET from the GTi-R, or I may stay N/A and go with the SR20VE. I just don't think it's wise to throw a bunch of cash to mod the GA16DE if my plans are to swap it.

VIB,
The Hotshot cold air intake is one of the best on the market for our car. Well worth the cash....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts