Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this combination, would it be best to get the stromung with or without the resonator? On my friends cars the resonators have just seemed to make the car more quiet. The ones without it it doesnt sound anymore like bees in a can it still sounds nice and deep. I was wandering though is this different with the SR20DE? A lot of the people in the B14 section are saying to go with resonators if you're going to get the headers because it'll make it more raspy and bee's in a can like with the 1.6, but is this the same with the 2.0? Sorry about my terminology I'm pretty much new...

Thanks

Chris

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
you're terminology is fine

id suggest getting it with the resonator, just because i prefer a smoother, quieter tone

it all depends on what your preferences are

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
yes, stromung is renound for a good tone

i dont think you'll have to worry too much

if you get it on and it IS too loud, you can always have a resonator put on after the fact

·
Slashie
394 Posts
I would say go with the resonator as well. I had this set up on my GA16, and it about drove me nutz, even with the resonator. (I didn't have stromung exhaust though.)

I had the bee thing, and the resonator made it go away.

Honestly, it wont cause that much back pressure, and it'll keep the cops off your back.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
You'll want one with a resonator... that'll filter out the raspy sound out of the header. I have a cheap stainless steel muffler not gonna mention names since I'm not promoting anyone which sounds awesome. I have to take a video with sound. I just love the sound. Smooth and deep yet very aggresive as you floor it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts