Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got an order in yet?

I just recently broke my stock downpipe & am using it as an excuse to fork over for HS Header. I didn't realize that they were this close to the Gen IV.

I guess the issue I'm curious about is the fact HS is very much emphasising the use of these for "race only." Of course most HS products are going to basically be race products. However, if you look at the older Gen headers it doesn't emphasise this as much (big bold red letters saying "race only").

Does this mean if my engine is still stock w/o upgraded cam's etc that I shouldn't run the new Gen? I mean, what could make a header "race only"?

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this just a really dumb post, or is it that nobody has any sort of feedback/opinion on the subject?

Hahaha.

Uhg. I'll probably just buy the older generation. Hotshot isn't getting back to me either (but do they ever?.. no). That's what I hate about them. Dope products, bad customer service.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The Gen VI header is optimized for a SR20 with all the bolt-ons and at least S4 or C1 JWT cams and JWT ECU. You'll pay a premuim price for gains you won't realize until you modify your engine.

Lew

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lshadoff said:
The Gen VI header is optimized for a SR20 with all the bolt-ons and at least S4 or C1 JWT cams and JWT ECU. You'll pay a premuim price for gains you won't realize until you modify your engine.

Lew
Except JW doesn't make an ECU upgrade for my car & chances are they never will. I could always do the ghetto rig on the 97, but thats kind of sketchy if you ask me. Thanks for the info though... I'll have to think about what I'm gonna do. In the long run, of course I'll want cam upgrades. I'll just have to decide if I can drive a broken downpipe long enough to save up to buy both? Haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts