Nissan Forum banner

HS CAI question

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  B14_Stealth 
#1 ·
I searched but I cant find it and I really wanna know
I am looknig @ buying a used Hot Shot CAI with a bypass valve ... how much work is it going to b to install it and how much of a performance boost will I get ? (I read 2-5 hp) but will it b noticable ?

#2 ·
pete2.0 said:
I am looknig @ buying a used Hot Shot CAI with a bypass valve ... how much work is it going to b to install it and how much of a performance boost will I get ? (I read 2-5 hp) but will it b noticable ?
Its very easy to install. Just remove your stock air box and open the hole on the chassic a little bit to get the pipe down into the bottem of you car and your set. You will notice a little. I put a exhaust on my car first and i felt a little gain. And once I installed my CAI (HS) I felt a nice gain and it gives a sweet growl sound!

#4 ·
pete2.0 said:
How hard? Not hard at all, but will cost you a couple of hours if you are a first timer. Just follow instruction and it's a good learning experience.
I felt the gain when I went from stock to CAI, but you will definitely notice the sound more, it's a very attracting sound.

#6 ·
ebricenojr said:
I'm still debating on returning the WAI I got or just buy a longer hose and drill the damn holes in the MAF adaptor so it fits my MAF....
what hose are you talking about? and drilling the holes would be a 5 minute job
pete2.0 said:
your a nerd.........i told you it wouldnt be hard :cheers: ill help you :rolleyes:

#7 · (Edited)
1.6pete said:
what hose are you talking about? and drilling the holes would be a 5 minute job
I'm talking about the small hose that connects to the small nipple on the intake. I think it comes out around from the firewall. (somewhere around there).

It isn't long enough to reach the intake, so I'll have to buy a longer hose.

#8 ·
ok , well I know this is a dumb question ... but how much work am I goign to have to put in to cut a 3 inch hole ? wut tools should I use ? I basically need the exact info on how to do it :dumbass: I appreciate it guys
o and this cai has a split hose but it apparently doesnt affect the performance , anyone c and issue with that statement ?

#9 ·
pete2.0 said:
ok , well I know this is a dumb question ... but how much work am I goign to have to put in to cut a 3 inch hole ? wut tools should I use ? I basically need the exact info on how to do it :dumbass: I appreciate it guys
o and this cai has a split hose but it apparently doesnt affect the performance , anyone c and issue with that statement ?
Use the chain drill method shown HERE

#10 ·
Twiz said:
Use the chain drill method shown HERE
don't be a pussy. rent a sawzall and cut the hole out with it, like i did. and don't move the battery or disconnect any of the battery cables or any wires for that matter. of course, i am just kidding. do it with a drill, i would have if i had thought about it for a minute, but i was so stoked to cut some shit up with the sawzall that i did it like that. but i wouldn't reccomend it.

#14 ·
B14_Stealth said:
i used dremel on my cai install
dremel and tin snips and wrenches to bend the metal my hole looks like crap but the intake fits so im not complaining

#15 ·
that metal is so thin that i took a flathead and a hammer and put a hole in it by hammering the srewdriver. everyone always talks all this "get a 10,000 hp drill and maybe that will do it" kinda talk. dont listen to that shit. make a small hole the way i did, then cut an "X" with tin snips. then peel all 4 triangles underheath the car. then youll have a near perfect circle, thats free of sharp edges (after you do some small bending) and looks nice. ill take pics of mine if i have to. peace

#16 ·
RotaryRyan said:
Has anyone ever tried a dremel with a cutoff wheel or one of those side-cutting drill bits? I used ione of the side-cutting bits once and it worked awesome!
I have the "rotary" attachment for my dremel and it works amaizing on wood. I'm planning to get a carbide rotary bit for working on my car. If you don't have a dremel they are amaizing little tools. Can do many things with them. I wouldn't try a cut off wheel. where is it will cut really well it's not easy to manouver in a small place like that and the wheels are a little small for that kind of cutting.

Mitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.