Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I installed a Hot Shot CAI on my 96 200sx SER. I installed everything according to the instructions and when I tried to start it, it ran for about 5 seconds then shut off, the kit comes with a MAF with a small gromet in it to install the air temp sensor, but because of the screw holes on the sensor and the size of the gromet, when you put it in the sensor, it is not in far enough to get an air reading i guess, so i pulled the gromet out and installed the sensor and wrapped it with electrical tape. engine runs fine now. anyone else who has installed this, did u get it to fit with the provided gromet or what?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a Injen CAI and everything fit perfect. I have never seen the Hot Shot CAI but it sounds like you have a vac. leak. I would check and see if that sensor is bent or the holes may need to be drilled out if putting tape over the hole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed my HotShots CAI in my 95 SE-R and i have no problems with it. Are you sure you did it all right?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the Stillen CAI and had a similar install problem with the MAF, the instructions on how to plug it in using their gromet wasn't very clear but after much tinkering I found out that the gromet was very maleable and actually forces its way into the hole and I've never had any problems after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the gromet on the MAF the sensor wouldnt even be sticking in the MAF far enough to get a reading, like i said i just took the grommet out and held the sensor in with some electrical tape, runs great now. thanks anyways though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts