Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dynoed a b12 to find out how much power this little car puts out at the wheels? Just curious...

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Typically there is a 20-25% driveline loss. With the e16i engine figure about 54hp at the wheels. With the GA16i it will be about 70hp.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So theoretically if you had an intake and exhaust that added, around 7 hp together, you would be getting a 10% increase in power, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I'm not sure if an intake and exhaust would even add 7hp to a GA16i.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
It is the TBI. It's very restrictive and there is not much we can do about it. This is an engine that was designed to be fuel efficient and reliable, not tuned into a monster. That's what the SR and CA-series engines are for. :(

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard some talks of possibly using a head from another engine and fuel rail to convert to EFI, is this at all possible? Or not even worth the time.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
theres been some threads about the logistics of converting to GA16DE Multiport fuel injection which would allow for better tuning response. YOu would probably need a custom adapter made to allow the MPFI system to meet up the GA16i but im thinking it can be done. Ive been doing some research on such swaps for a little while. It seems people liek to do this to Civics of the same vintage as B12's but it seems to be a smiple swap with them...

-Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts