Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! new to the forum. just bought some replacement bulbs for my '02 altima. can't seem to figure out how to remove the headlight assembly. there are 2 screws that i can find on top of each assembly, but removing them doesn't allow me to pull out the assembly. any help greatly appreciated! thx:)

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
not sure how the altima assembly is but usually you don't have to remove the whole assembly to change the bulb there should be access to the bulb in the back of it ( I may be wrong :D)

·
Registered
513 Posts
You should be able to turn and twist the bulbs out of there without having to remove the screws that connect the metal
ring to the harness.

·
Registered
513 Posts
nismoprincess said:
not sure how the altima assembly is but usually you don't have to remove the whole assembly to change the bulb there should be access to the bulb in the back of it ( I may be wrong :D)
You were reading my mind...;)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried that...

the cuts on my hand prove you wrong...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just came in from outside - got too dark out. maybe i just have fat fingers and can't get 'em in there! i'll try again tomrorow. was just reading thru the manual, and it says "replaement of headlight bulbs and removal of headlight assembly is not recommended and should only be performed by an authorized nissan dealer."

translation = $

thank you sir, may i have another.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
el guapo said:
"replacement of headlight bulbs and removal of headlight assembly is not recommended and should only be performed by an authorized nissan dealer."

translation = $

thank you sir, may i have another.
LOL @ going to the dealer to replace the bulb :D
yeah try again tomorrow sometimes they are a little tricky and it's better if you have good lighting :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
nismoprincess said:
LOL @ going to the dealer to replace the bulb :D
yeah try again tomorrow sometimes they are a little tricky and it's better if you have good lighting :D
Yeah, they won't touch it with a 10-ft. pole if you're
replacing it with an "aftermarket" bulb.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW to take out the air intake scoop just take a flat head screw driver and pop up the round head of the 4 fasteners.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, guys i finally got it. i did have to remove the air box and reservoir. what a pain in the arse. and that stupid paper clip thinger that hold the bulb in SUCKS! whatever, my hands are bleeding, but the bulbs are in and lookin aight. just one more question - how do you adjust the height of the bulbs/assembly? one bulb shines higher than the other. is it those 2 screws on top of the assembly?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well el guapo i knew that you would have a plethora of problems getting to the back end of the bulb assembly. :D

as to fixing the aim of the lights im clueless......

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
el guapo said:
just one more question - how do you adjust the height of the bulbs/assembly? one bulb shines higher than the other. is it those 2 screws on top of the assembly?
If one light shines higher than the other, then you put the bulb in wrong. Try flipping it over. It should fit like a glove.

·
Registered
111 Posts
how do u take the whole headlight assembly to take out the orange shit so i could see my new bulbs anyone knows please let me know!

·
Registered
97 Posts
el guapo said:
well, guys i finally got it. i did have to remove the air box and reservoir. what a pain in the arse. and that stupid paper clip thinger that hold the bulb in SUCKS! whatever, my hands are bleeding, but the bulbs are in and lookin aight. just one more question - how do you adjust the height of the bulbs/assembly? one bulb shines higher than the other. is it those 2 screws on top of the assembly?
That's the deal, remove buku crap and they twist right out. I changed my highs that way..... what an improvement over stock. :thumbup:

·
Crazy Canuck
220 Posts
I'm planning to do an HID conversion, but can't figure out how to remove the entire headlight housing. I tried removing the two 10mm bolts on top, but it still won't budge (and I'm afraid to apply too much force without knowing what I'm doing).

Has anyone ever removed the entire headlight housings? If so can you please post instructions on here.. THX!

·
Registered
5 Posts
el guapo said:
Yup I cut my hands doing that too. No, it's not those 2 screws inside the housing that holds the paper clip thingy nor those 2 screws that's on TOP of the assembly. It is a tube thingy with a screw, i believe it's flat, on the end of the tube. I don't remember where exactly is located, did it a long time ago. Adjust it with your air box and reservoir out with a flat head screwdriver or just a flat head. Hopefully u only have to adjust the air box side, driver side, because the reservoir side is a pain in the @SS. GL

·
Registered
1 Posts
el guapo said:
hi! new to the forum. just bought some replacement bulbs for my '02 altima. can't seem to figure out how to remove the headlight assembly. there are 2 screws that i can find on top of each assembly, but removing them doesn't allow me to pull out the assembly. any help greatly appreciated! thx:)
You have to remove the bumper if you want to remove the whole assembly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts