Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i took mine off in front of my work (Holiday Inn) I used one of the key cards for the room and it came right off......my car is a 2005 so no nasty outline. But if i read this thread before i did it i would have used nismos method.

·
Registered
9 Posts
20+ posts and no pictures of anyone's progress...? i'd be interested in trying this, but am an unsure of which method with which to proceed as no one has posted pictures of their results...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nero D S 1250 said:
20+ posts and no pictures of anyone's progress...? i'd be interested in trying this, but am an unsure of which method with which to proceed as no one has posted pictures of their results...
get: a hair dryer, credit card, dental floss, and mcguiars scratch x stuff.

heat the badging you wish to remove up and use your credit card just to show you how easily it will come off.

then decide use credit card (probbly get it a little dirty) or use floss.

after that try and get all the crap left off with either goo gone or finger nail.

then use scratch X to make it beautiful.

I dont have pictures of the process but pics of the outcome on my cardomain page........

I havent posted recently but accident pics will come soon...MY CAR MIGHT BE TOTALED :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
I plan on doing this on my 86' ZX in the next couple of days. I will post pics. Mine being an 86, it will be very noticable where the badging was. But I plan on getting it painted, thats why I am going to remove it anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
quentin508 said:
I havent posted recently but accident pics will come soon...MY CAR MIGHT BE TOTALED :(
Ouch... Sorry to hear about that... As soon as i get started on my car, i'll try those badge-removal techniques... i hope things work out for you...

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey i have a 95 nissan sentra black. i am planning on taking off the badging but i recently saw a pic of someones car who had the nissan symbol off but with the resedue and stickiness on there. Is that because they probably didnt use goo gone to clean it? since the embles im on the plastic back light of the car, i was wondering if it should be okay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
skizmatik said:
hey i have a 95 nissan sentra black. i am planning on taking off the badging but i recently saw a pic of someones car who had the nissan symbol off but with the resedue and stickiness on there. Is that because they probably didnt use goo gone to clean it? since the embles im on the plastic back light of the car, i was wondering if it should be okay.
Goo Gone will take car of it, I also used McGuiars Scratch X, takes everything away.

if you have a sentra and you are taking the NISSAN emblem off you will have a small indent. I took mine out then filled it in and painted over it. BONDO.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
well, i actually got bored today, and took mine off, there is a product called quickie professional gunk & goo remover. it had a little plastic wedge blade that took the badges off quick, and after a lot of elbow grease, the adhesive finally came off, and the big nissan emblem on the trunk is just on there with double sided tape, but if it's old like mine, then it will probably take a lot of work to get off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
Give your car a smooth clean look by removing all of the badging. Not only will your car look cleaner, but it will be easier to wash, dry and wax because you won't have those pesky badges that get in your way and snag your rags. This is a very simple procedure that just takes a little time and patience.

Standard fishing line- preferably some strong stuff · "Goo Gone", "De-Solv-It" or similar sticky residue remover · Plastic putty knife or scrapper ·

Cleaning wax- I recommend Meguiars · Possibly a hair dryer $5 - $10 if you don't already have the materials lying around the house The step by step instructions... Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with these ones.

Step One-Cut off about a 1 foot piece of fishing line. Wrap the ends around your index fingers so that there is about 6 inches left in between, and you can pull the line tight.

StepTwo-Slide the line behind the badge you wish to remove. Slide the line up and down behind the badge to saw through the badges backing material. If the material is hard to saw through, you may wish to heat it with a hair dryer to soften it up a bit. This is optional - I didn't find a need for it.

Step Three-Saw back and forth until you have made you way all the way to the other side of the badge. The badge should then fall off.

Step Four-Now you will be left with a mess off goo and backing material still on the car. Time to break out the Goo Gone.

Step Five-Spray the remover on the remains of the badge and let it soak in for a minute. Then get out the Plastic scraper and carefully scrape off the remaining material. Even though you are using plastic, you still must be careful not to gouge or scratch the paint.

Step Six-Now that you have the majority of the material removed, there will still probably be a distinct outline of where the badge was. Polish it up using some cleaner wax. Cleaner wax is basically regular wax with some slight abrasives in it to remove contaminants, remove scratches and polish the paint. Complete! That's it. After a few coats of wax, you should barely (if at all) be able to tell that there was a badge there. Now its time to do the rest of those badges!
I'd like to say that this actually works great. I've debadged 4 cars like this (including my 1980 Datsun) without any problems or paint peeling issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
has anyone removed their se-r on their 200sx and replaced it with the new Altima SE-R emblem. I plan on doing this and was wondering if anyone has pics

·
Registered
12 Posts
doesn't quite work if your badges are punched in.... but i took car of it with a little bondo....

·
Registered
34 Posts
i tried the floss cuz i was scared of thickness of fishing wire and if it would scratch it but it did nothing so i got a plastic spatula and a wash cloth and popped it off in seconds for the emblem
for the letters i just used my nails which was easy cuz they're so short i mor eor less pushed them off with my finger tips
easy like pie

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wasnt really worried about my paint.

I used Goo-Off and a Razor Blade at almost a 90 degree angle (if thats right, almost laying flat...)

I mean i was being careful ofcourse but i wasnt really worried about scratching it. I want to get it repainted. Possibly Black... Green is such a weird color that Nissan Painted their B14's

·
Registered
2 Posts
i apologize if this is a dumb question but i want to make absolutely sure i dont do anything to hurt my 200sx. it has like a vinyl sticker right behind the front wheels on both sides that says "sport 200sx" in a beautiful pee yellow:mad: and i wanted to make sure this would work to take them off. thanks in advance

·
MODR H8R
658 Posts
If its a vinyl sticker just let it sit in the sun for a bit or heat it up with a hair dryer if you have to and just peel it off. If theres any adhesive residue you can use goo-gone to remove the glue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
and how would you fix the holes nissan so lovingly put under the nissan emblem on the 07 se-r spec-v???? which is a bunch of bs b/c none of the other emblems needed holes to hold them.... i thnk they just wanted to make it harder to take there brand name off. anyways... any ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
well i did the hair dryer to get mine off but it got too hot and the clear coat around the badges i guess came off cause now it looks kinda dull so just be careful
That’s probably what happens when the dryer is held in one spot for an extended length of time.

No Daniel-son in circle motion ...like this …wax on wax off, here now you try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My badges are (were) rivited in and now Im just curious as to what the best way to fill these holes are. Im painting the car anyways and its in my shop so these holes dont bother me a bit.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts