Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give your car a smooth clean look by removing all of the badging. Not only will your car look cleaner, but it will be easier to wash, dry and wax because you won't have those pesky badges that get in your way and snag your rags. This is a very simple procedure that just takes a little time and patience.

Standard fishing line- preferably some strong stuff · "Goo Gone", "De-Solv-It" or similar sticky residue remover · Plastic putty knife or scrapper ·

Cleaning wax- I recommend Meguiars · Possibly a hair dryer $5 - $10 if you don't already have the materials lying around the house The step by step instructions... Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with these ones.

Step One-Cut off about a 1 foot piece of fishing line. Wrap the ends around your index fingers so that there is about 6 inches left in between, and you can pull the line tight.

StepTwo-Slide the line behind the badge you wish to remove. Slide the line up and down behind the badge to saw through the badges backing material. If the material is hard to saw through, you may wish to heat it with a hair dryer to soften it up a bit. This is optional - I didn't find a need for it.

Step Three-Saw back and forth until you have made you way all the way to the other side of the badge. The badge should then fall off.

Step Four-Now you will be left with a mess off goo and backing material still on the car. Time to break out the Goo Gone.

Step Five-Spray the remover on the remains of the badge and let it soak in for a minute. Then get out the Plastic scraper and carefully scrape off the remaining material. Even though you are using plastic, you still must be careful not to gouge or scratch the paint.

Step Six-Now that you have the majority of the material removed, there will still probably be a distinct outline of where the badge was. Polish it up using some cleaner wax. Cleaner wax is basically regular wax with some slight abrasives in it to remove contaminants, remove scratches and polish the paint. Complete! That's it. After a few coats of wax, you should barely (if at all) be able to tell that there was a badge there. Now its time to do the rest of those badges!

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
that is a really expensive way to do it. the way that i did it was go to your local dollar store and pick up a set of white erasers(must be white) doesnt matter what company. then make sure you dont cut your fingernails for about two weeks, and then, with your elongated fingernail, start to peel at the badges(sentra/gxe/200sx/and so on) then you will have all that sticky stuff. try to take as much of it as you can off, with your fingers. then whatever is left, erase it off, but it might take alot of scrubbing. then, take any type of glass cleaner(windex) and spray over the area, then all you have left is to dry it with a tissue paper or something. then you have you real emblems, just take dental floss, and slide underneath the emblem, then it will start to come off, then peel off. then repeat the above steps.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
5-10 bucks is expensive???
Your way could take off or damage the paint. I just ripped mine off but i was already sanding the whole car down anyways. When i ripped it off, the paint came off where the adhesive was so if you wanna keep your paint, then just use Nismo's way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just want to say that this has been the most useful thread I've ever come across on these boards so far. Nismo, your strategy worked beautifully, and I can't wait to get some pics of my 240 up on the boards (once I figure out how to host them for free). :cheers:

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
it helps to do it on a nice sunny day, then you shouldnt need a hairdryer/heat gun... the newer the car, the less likely you will see the outline of the badges... if your car is 12 years old, your paint will be faded around the vbadges and you will get an outline...

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
i did this about 2 weeks ago and used wd40 and a hair dryer and a credit card
the total cost was $1.89 for the wd40 and my dad payed for it.

Procedure:
Plug in hair dryer
cake on wd40
turn on hair dryer
if the badge/lettering(ie: the 200sx se-r stickers) doesnt just melt off then use the credit card and scrape it.
last spray on more wd40 and dry with a towel
get some wax if the sun has faded it a bit and buff that shit out

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
I did mine about 2 years ago. Didn't really like the idea of using something to scrape off the adhesive. I just used goof off on a cloth and rubbed it off.

Of course, I found a nice little nick in the paint underneat one of the badges.

·
Registered
78 Posts
LOL And to think all I did was get a fingernail under the edge of the sole Nissan badge on my trunk and pull it up everything came up nice and clean little bit of an outline from prior waxjobs but that went away nicely as for the front badge.... Can't remove mine without leaving a nice blank spot in the shape of the Nissan symbol... So I removed the grill LOL.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
all i did was use a brand new PLASTIC BLADED snow scraper (shou;ld be new so the blade is perfect)nand i did even need to use goo gone. took 2 minutes tops.

i did even know i was going to do it lol. i went out to my car to put the scraper in and got a wild hair to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, I found it was a lot easier to just take a hair dryer to it. It helps to get most of the big chunks off without taking a chance at scratching the paint...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoosier Daddy said:
Also, I found it was a lot easier to just take a hair dryer to it. It helps to get most of the big chunks off without taking a chance at scratching the paint...
i think a monkey with one arm could do this with out messsing it up.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
SE-Rious91' said:
i think a monkey with one arm could do this with out messsing it up.
thanks................

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a brand new 2005 Pathfinder LE and it came with the NISSAN, PATHFINDER and LE badges on the back, plus the PATHFINDER stickers on the top rail. I thought it was too much. Would you take it all off if you owned it? People say this is common on smaller cars but not on SUVs.

Thanks.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
redsoxfantoo said:
I have a brand new 2005 Pathfinder LE and it came with the NISSAN, PATHFINDER and LE badges on the back, plus the PATHFINDER stickers on the top rail. I thought it was too much. Would you take it all off if you owned it? People say this is common on smaller cars but not on SUVs.

Thanks.
Do what you want/like. Dont let any one make up your mind for you. Do you, thats what makes cars/trucks different today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did it

I used dental floss, my girls hair dryer and my school ID.

heated each character for 30-60 seconds then put the floss in between my two hands very tightly and then with the flatter of the floss put it on my car and it slid pretty easily behind the badges.

the floss would break maybe cuz of friction resulting in lots of floss. Once they were all off I used Goo Gone to clean off the excess shit, then MCguires scratch and something remover to clean it all up.

my car is at www.cardomain.com/users/quentin508

there are too many pictures if you are busy.

I just got my car buffed, waxed cleaned ... the whole works thanks to my girlfriend dad whos big into bmw's so I am going to redo my page showing current pics and just before and after pictures.

hope you like the pics and good luck with badge removals.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I did mine right after I got it back from the rollover. I just peeled them right off and hit that gunk with some NuFinish and it looked great.
NuFinish > Most every wax on the market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
b14sleeper said:
that is a really expensive way to do it. the way that i did it was go to your local dollar store and pick up a set of white erasers(must be white) doesnt matter what company. then make sure you dont cut your fingernails for about two weeks, and then, with your elongated fingernail, start to peel at the badges(sentra/gxe/200sx/and so on) then you will have all that sticky stuff. try to take as much of it as you can off, with your fingers. then whatever is left, erase it off, but it might take alot of scrubbing. then, take any type of glass cleaner(windex) and spray over the area, then all you have left is to dry it with a tissue paper or something. then you have you real emblems, just take dental floss, and slide underneath the emblem, then it will start to come off, then peel off. then repeat the above steps.

i agree with b14sleeper .....

i did this on a sunny (hot) day with a piece of fishing string i found laying around and just rubbed the glue off with my finger ( a little elbow greese is really all it takes) just take you time and watch the paint....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, anyone who peeled off his SE-R badges, could send me the one from the trunk (the 3" one)?
Cause mine got stolen and it seems that you don't want it anyway :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts