Nissan Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
No problem, although I can't take alot of the credit, I just provided pics and the idea to use the PlastX stuff. Don't forget to tape a hose to your hood and let water poor over the headlight that you are sanding, it makes sanding much easier and cleaner!

·
Registered
184 Posts
you can actually find it at pep boys now; i've been somewhat impressed with their detailing line recently (although i barely use any over the counter products anymore...)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah it dont harm the headlights at all. At first your gonna say what the $&% I messed my shit up but after you used the compound and glaze it up it brings the shine right back like glass.
Ive done this many time in my shop. You can also use just the compound on a rag to remove minor glaze.

Or what I used first on my sister's eclipse headlights like 8 years ago was crest toothpaste.. Yup I read it in a newspaper and it worked. But for severly hazed or brown lights your gonna have to wet sand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The restoration kit from autozone rocks!!

I got a restoration kit from autozone for 20 bucks.

It includes sand papers of two different grains, a polisher, a sealer, and a latex glove. It came in a shiny bag.

The results are guaranteed and so far I'm very pleased!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fortunately, there's a simple and inexpensive solution. Unlike glass, the polycarbonate plastic can be polished back to a surface as smooth as new, in a procedure that won't take more than a half-hour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fun fact: I read toothpaste works to polish your headlights. How "factual" this is, I wouldn't bet money on it, but I read something about it the other day.

I didn't know Autozone had restoration kits; $20 is a nice price!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Toothpastes are really quite helpful in cleaning up the headlamps..they have some kind of component i am forgetting the name of which is quite useful in cleaning the dirt of the headlamps..all you have to do is to rub that paste and than clean it with a newspaper or clean cloth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Toothpastes are really quite helpful in cleaning up the headlamps..they have some kind of component i am forgetting the name of which is quite useful in cleaning the dirt of the headlamps..all you have to do is to rub that paste and than clean it with a newspaper or clean cloth.
did it a while ago... worked great!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts