Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my car louder. Now i do not want loud like from a cut off exhaust or something but i want it to be loud where it sounds like performance. what are some mods that would do this besides an intake and a muffler. Cams? header? what else?

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
record a vette Z06 and play though the speakers

·
Registered
188 Posts
CAI intake, muffler and header...

get 2.5" pipes from the cat to a strait through style muffler (APEXi N1 for example), do not get a resinator and do not use the muffler silencer.

p.s. this will be plenty loud and you will get the most disapointing performance from your car, but it will be plenty loud!

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can have my muffler its kind of annoying if you ask me not that it will be for you just when it gets to the point that everything starts to rattle after so long makes your nerves got ape shit, but the headers are a good deep sound :thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Avshi750 said:
CAI intake, muffler and header...

get 2.5" pipes from the cat to a strait through style muffler (APEXi N1 for example), do not get a resinator and do not use the muffler silencer.

p.s. this will be plenty loud and you will get the most disapointing performance from your car, but it will be plenty loud!
so u r saying that getting 2.5" exhaust pipesand no resonator will decrease performance? :balls:

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
so u r saying that getting 2.5" exhaust pipesand no resonator will decrease performance? :balls:

the resonator will not decrease nor increase performance...do you know what a resonator is? if not, i'll explain. 2.5" on a naturally aspirated ga16 will indeed hurt performance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
2.5" is just too big for most 1.6 NA engines, but loud was asked for not performance. and the resonator will only quiet the exhaust.

·
Registered
851 Posts
my GA16 has the optional factory muffler delete option ;) and its not horribly loud.

basically my muffler fell off right above the rear axle (the pipe split, and it just got worse) it only gets raspy when you bury the tach (that i dont have, go figure:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think you'd be better off looking (or listing) for tone more the dbl. If you go with the resonator it'll give you a bit more of a deeper tone, so you won't sound like some whinning honda pos. Look at the NPM's GA 200sx, it has a glass pack resonator and a straing through muffler, like the afore mentioned apexi n1.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know i haven't been here long but just reading most posts on here i'm pretty saddened by the fact that any question that isn't directly related to something that could possibly eek out another fathom of horsepower out of the GA16 isn't worth your time or effort and so decide to strike it down and rip the piss!! Just think it's sad...give the guy a break...he just wants to make a bigger impression with his exhaust tone...reasons aside i thought forums were here to help answer questions not judge reasons and motives for doing stuff!

Anyways mate....

If your going to want a nice noise then i'd plan on doing the lot! INduction right the way through to exhaust...

I've got filter, header, decat and 2.1/4 custom exhaust and it makes a lovely sound, really purrs which isnt' too loud that it drives you insane and is stil driveable at low revs but you know when you give it some...really opens up!

If you were to go for anything first off then it's going to be exhaust without a huge silencer on it which is going to make the biggest impression but if you can afford a filter as well then get that on there and you should hear a nice note all round!

From experience...something like the cybercraft filter or the apexi dual funnels sound a bit nicer than the K&N, not sure on the filtration properties of the cybercraft one but the apexi is meant to be awesome!

·
Registered
851 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Why in the world? Nevermind.....

The greddy sp2 just came out, should sound nice, just get that.
it fell off, i have no money to fix it, its not thaaaaaat bad, and i get better gas mileage.....so ill leave it off until i feel the need for a muffler :eek:

·
Registered
574 Posts
RBI*04 said:
it fell off, i have no money to fix it, its not thaaaaaat bad, and i get better gas mileage.....so ill leave it off until i feel the need for a muffler :eek:
I wasnt refering to you. I was refering to the thread starter. I drove about a day and a half with no cat back. That was horrible, my ears were still ringing when I was in my house.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
I want to make my car louder. Now i do not want loud like from a cut off exhaust or something but i want it to be loud where it sounds like performance. what are some mods that would do this besides an intake and a muffler. Cams? header? what else?
in my opinion making the car sound like its got balls but it ain't... is ricy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lurch said:
I know i haven't been here long but just reading most posts on here i'm pretty saddened by the fact that any question that isn't directly related to something that could possibly eek out another fathom of horsepower out of the GA16 isn't worth your time or effort and so decide to strike it down and rip the piss!! Just think it's sad...give the guy a break...he just wants to make a bigger impression with his exhaust tone...reasons aside i thought forums were here to help answer questions not judge reasons and motives for doing stuff!
He said he wants it to be lound with a performance sound. Which I'm assuming that he wants it to have the performance to back up the sound. I think what everyone else was saying is that there's no point in having a loud exhaust if it just hurts the performance of your car. no one said that he shouldn't do it. Everyone here is just trying to help. and yes, sometimes that means that you have to tell people what's a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
2" no bigger or you hurt the bottom- no buts about it.

use a Turbo universal muffler like Dynomax or Flowmaster for a good deep tone, not a canister muffler which sounds like a Yamaha dirt bike! The good muffler to use is an HKS or Stromung, they sound great with the hammer dropped, much better than the Grapefruit shooter!
Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have just a resonator with straight pipe behind my cat. It has a more deep rumblish tone, sounds way better than my friend's civic.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is what i am saying. I am saying what performance mods can i put on besides just the basics to make it louder

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rice

Hey there mr B14 stealth, did you say rice?
I'll bet those glowing a/c and heat guages really put down the power!
So there huh?
Whats that?
You really need two or three extra tachs in your "not ricey sleeper" ha ha ha
I guess the tach your car came with didn't add enough power huh?
Maybe the glo adds to the overall pwr?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts