Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know how to install msd blaster ignition box?

i was wondering how to install the box with the internal coil. i am stuck because of this so i was wondering how to install. there is 4 wires. ground which goes to the chassis, 12 volt switched (found that), trigger got that and the coil negative wire which i cannot find.

·
Banned
492 Posts
I read somewhere on MSD's site about cars with internal coils needing to fabricate a distributor cap in order to use their ignition systems. Basically all you do is bypass the cars stock internal coil and wire in the MSD ignition system via the fabricated distributor cap. it was an easy mod, probably wouldnt even cost 10 bucks to do. Weed around through their site for info.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would take that damn thing back. You are wasting your money, it does nothing for GA's. Save that money you earned and save for an ECU. Advancing the timing is better than the MSD. They tick and blow out the coils. Don't ever use it with nology hotwires either because it shorts them out. The stock coil is high energy, I tried many of the coils out there cncluding crane, MSD, nology pro-fire and more, and found the stock coil is best. Don't mess with it, get some magnecores for wires and use NGK plugs, play wtih the head and cams, ECU and throttle body and internal work and maybe the pullies and bolt on header and intake.

Chris 92 classic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts