Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just bought my 86 Nissan Sentra Today. I noticed a few rust spots on the inside of my trunk, how would one remedy that little problem? Gotta remember I know nothing about car bodies, Im good on engine work but never messed with all the rest of it. So any Ideas would be helpfull, maybe one day I'd fix it up all way cool and show it but I doubt it. Who knows, anyway thanks a ton. :)

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
How about a good sanding with a palm sander (work your way from coarse grit to light grit) and then spray it with some nice Rustoleum primer/anti rust spraypaint, and then top it off with a color of whatever you want + maybe a clearcoat sealer. Hey, if you do the whole trunk now, you'll be set for a long time!

Or you could take 5 minutes and sand down those rust spots and just spray it with some anti-rust spraypaint and some clearcoat (if you want a quick fix =)

That is, if it's only a little bit of surface rust.. anything more than surface rust (i.e. holes) will problably mean some new metal plates welded to it.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
krylon makes a paint that turns rust into "primer" then you can spray over it with an anti rust paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts