Nissan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
200SEX said:
.....why are girls' insurance cheaper anyway? I personally think that more women than men are more careless when it comes to driving. what gives?
girl's insurance is cheaper because it's statistically proven that guy's are involved in more dangerous driving aka speeding, unsafe lane changes, racing, etc. I dunno but you know how so many companies love to biased their views on "statistics." I still think guys drive more aggressive for a reason. It's because we're better drivers. :D :D :D :D :D

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
The implication with LEO's was professional courtesy. No tickets, no impetus for rate increase.

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
For a long time, 1/2 of all accidents were caused by males 16-21 years of age.

I guess young girls are getting worse due to cell phones surgically implanted into their ears.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
oh my, that sounds scary when a girl will be driving more extreme just to show off for a guy. and come to think of it actually, the other day i was right next to a honda accord ('93 I believe) that was lowered, limo tinted, loud exhaust, and i'm sure a bunch of other things because when I downshifted next to her at about 35 and took off by 2 car lengths, i didn't think she wanted to race so i shifted at 5500 rpms and then whoosh! she zips by me and cuts me off! i mean, she went into my lane like 5 feet in front of me!! that is really crazy, and just not fair because when you race someone, you don't cut them off...

on another note, do you guys think it is possible that someone else can get insurance on my car for ALL drivers (not just me in particular) because my brother is almost 30 and hasn't had a ticket in the last 10 years. so i'm thinking that he get insurance for me somehow, or get me covered under him as a 2nd driver and i'll just give him the money. do you guys think that would work?

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
Nope. For example, my insurance policy prohibits me from allowing anyone under 25 and over 55 years of age to drive my vehicles. If I added a young driver, it would at least triple my insurance.

Net gain = 0.

· Registered
202 Posts
I think girls are being added on to the statistic because you always seem do stuff guys don't do. Like putting on make up, brushing ur hair, making sure their chest isnt popping out, etc. Well I hope that only girl are doing that...........:eek:

· Still moderating..sorta
2,169 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:
Holy $#!+. I thought I was getting ripped at $80 CDN/month. Wow. How do you guys afford to drive? If I had to pay what some of you guys are paying it'd be the big Public Transit Limo for me.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

For my little B12 it's $130/month. It's absolutely nuts. Just changed from CAA to Bel-Air Direct and my payments are going down to $110/month then down again in October when I turn 19. FCS which insurance company do you use???

· Hates everyone.
5,742 Posts
Rice Box:

co-operators. The accounts for my whole family are through them so we probably get some "group deal. " Also, I haven't got a speeding ticket in over 2 years now! I'm slowing down in my old age & the cruise control helps A LOT. Before I turned 25 I wasn't paying a lot either, maybe $100/month.

· Still moderating..sorta
2,169 Posts
I'll have to check them out.

· Registered
184 Posts
give liberty mutual a call i have full coverage rental $40 a day towing and maxed on all coverages and with a red sports car, with a no-fault claim and mine is only 120 a month and im 28 and live in houston tx.

· Registered
23 Posts
You can find it, but over 25 and no tickets in the past 3 years really helps.

I have mine through Progressive (I used Countrywide Insurance Services as an agent) and pay

$88 / month for

Full coverage 2002 Nissan Frontier
Liability Only 1989 Chevy Camaro Convertible

Not bad for a 28 yr/old single guy with no kids.

· Banned
4,495 Posts
HOLY CRAP...Compared to my insurance rates, ALL of you are getting screwed! I live in the Chicago suburbs. Have 1 ticket on my record for going 63 in a 40 on a residential street during rush hour.(Five years ago) FULL coverage through Country Companies for my car is $130. EVERY THREE MONTHS. I believe that comes out to $43.33 every month.

BUT, I'm also 32. Married. NO ACCIDENTS. Have my homeowners insurance with them. AND have my wife's SUV with them. I also HAVE to belong to the local Farm Bureau, though. A whopping $10 per year. Tons of discounts with them. So for BOTH of our vehicles we pay around $1100 per year.

Try Country Companies. Or maybe changed to Country Mutual Ins.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
anyway...i am selling my car finally to a friend for $5000. but here is how i'm going to do the insurance thing. well, my brother who is turning 30 and no tickets or accidents in like 10 years, is going to get insurance from whatever company besides state farm and have everyone who drives the car insured. that way, i wont be specified into his insurance rate and still be able to drive the car legally. do i make any sense? so yeah, he'll be paying like $300 every 6 months for my new car, maybe less depending on what i will get. peace out peeps.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.