Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get cheap insurance?? what are some of your guys' rates? i have 2 tickets (one for racing) and an accident in the past 2 years. Help me please!!! I will lose my 200SX if I don't find cheap insurance (cheap as in under $200/month) I used to have State Farm, but those @ssholes kicked me off this month because they checked my dmv record and discovered my racing ticket. please, someone point me to a good insurance company!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
allright, i'll try out geico. I was considering them awhile ago, but never got to call yet. i'll do all my searches soon. oh, and i'm 19. i'm not sure how old you guys are...and i still don't get it, why are girls' insurance cheaper anyway? I personally think that more women than men are more careless when it comes to driving. what gives?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i still don't get how a clean driving girl gets cheaper insurance when compared to a clean driving guy...hmmm...and maybe i should start crying when i get pulled over, i wonder what the officer would think, hahah. anyway, i tried geico, and they were spendy - $460/month! Ummm, I'll keep looking around, maybe try that family owned insurance. or maybe i'll go liability, but don't i have to have my car paid off in order to do that??

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, I better get my car paid off then if I want just liability. I mean, heck, my car isn't luxurious or anything and if I do get in a simple bumper to bumper wreck, i'll just put on a bodykit or something. i need to get married or something to help lower my rates...and no more tickets for 3 years i guess-that's how long it takes to get off your record right?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
oh my, that sounds scary when a girl will be driving more extreme just to show off for a guy. and come to think of it actually, the other day i was right next to a honda accord ('93 I believe) that was lowered, limo tinted, loud exhaust, and i'm sure a bunch of other things because when I downshifted next to her at about 35 and took off by 2 car lengths, i didn't think she wanted to race so i shifted at 5500 rpms and then whoosh! she zips by me and cuts me off! i mean, she went into my lane like 5 feet in front of me!! that is really crazy, and just not fair because when you race someone, you don't cut them off...

on another note, do you guys think it is possible that someone else can get insurance on my car for ALL drivers (not just me in particular) because my brother is almost 30 and hasn't had a ticket in the last 10 years. so i'm thinking that he get insurance for me somehow, or get me covered under him as a 2nd driver and i'll just give him the money. do you guys think that would work?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
anyway...i am selling my car finally to a friend for $5000. but here is how i'm going to do the insurance thing. well, my brother who is turning 30 and no tickets or accidents in like 10 years, is going to get insurance from whatever company besides state farm and have everyone who drives the car insured. that way, i wont be specified into his insurance rate and still be able to drive the car legally. do i make any sense? so yeah, he'll be paying like $300 every 6 months for my new car, maybe less depending on what i will get. peace out peeps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.