Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get cheap insurance?? what are some of your guys' rates? i have 2 tickets (one for racing) and an accident in the past 2 years. Help me please!!! I will lose my 200SX if I don't find cheap insurance (cheap as in under $200/month) I used to have State Farm, but those @ssholes kicked me off this month because they checked my dmv record and discovered my racing ticket. please, someone point me to a good insurance company!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try Geico

Well, I am paying $120 a month here in Colorado. Thats with a speeding ticket(15+mph over), another ticket for reckless driving, and an accident still on my record until November of next year.

Thats with Geico. Try Progressive also.

Also, if you want cheaper, try maxing out your deductibles like for collision and a few other things. A $500 deductible versus a $1000 gave me a nice saving. Which makes me more of a safer driver considering thats pretty steep if I get into an accident.

Good Luck!

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
You need to do the following to get cheaper insurance rates:
  • Add 20 years to your age
  • Get married
  • Move far away from any urban area
  • Add MORE cars to your policy
  • Get a sex change
  • Become a law enforcement officer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allright, i'll try out geico. I was considering them awhile ago, but never got to call yet. i'll do all my searches soon. oh, and i'm 19. i'm not sure how old you guys are...and i still don't get it, why are girls' insurance cheaper anyway? I personally think that more women than men are more careless when it comes to driving. what gives?

·
Registered
139 Posts
if your under 25 dont got geico.if u want real cheep insurence just look in the phone book and go with some off the wall family owned insurence they are not the best but they are cheep im 16 and i only pay $115 a month for PIP.

·
Registered
54 Posts
women can cry their way out of a ticket "my ass" anyway when im on the road i see the same amount of reckless driving guys as i see reckless driving girls.........and about the crying the way out of a ticket its true i never gotten a ticket b4 but thats because i never drove reckless enough to get stopped must tell ya something....by the way im with allstate really dont know much about them my parents pay my insurance..........

·
Registered
37 Posts
cheap insurance eh?

i had no clue that CHEAP insurance existed lol

im 20, and for the last year and a half, i have had to pay $500 a month for my P.o.S. Sentra, and i get no breaks. Thats with $1000 deductibles :mad: and my car registered and insured in meriden ct, not even bridgeport... in bridgeport ct, they wanted upwards of 12000 a year! isn't that sum B.S.???

Good Luck all of you, lol, insurance suxxxxxxxxx

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Lisa said:
women can cry their way out of a ticket "my ass" anyway when im on the road i see the same amount of reckless driving guys as i see reckless driving girls.........and about the crying the way out of a ticket its true i never gotten a ticket b4 but thats because i never drove reckless enough to get stopped must tell ya something....by the way im with allstate really dont know much about them my parents pay my insurance..........
You are one of the few Lisa.

K

·
0 Posts
Try Geico, 21, and progressive. They seem to be pretty cheap!
I have state farm...I know you dont like them but them have been pretty good to me. I had dents all around my car from assholes who can't park and they covered the whole damn thing!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I think insurance depends on where ya live too. If you live in a less populated area...there's less chance of you getting into a reck..and less chance of them making money off you...so they're gonna jack the prices up. Like I used to live in Kentucky...insurance for me down there for a year was like 2g's...I came out to California, and bam...it dropped some 500-700 bucks!! I can't remember exactly.

Good luck finding insurance bro.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i still don't get how a clean driving girl gets cheaper insurance when compared to a clean driving guy...hmmm...and maybe i should start crying when i get pulled over, i wonder what the officer would think, hahah. anyway, i tried geico, and they were spendy - $460/month! Ummm, I'll keep looking around, maybe try that family owned insurance. or maybe i'll go liability, but don't i have to have my car paid off in order to do that??

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Become a law enforcement officer

I can't getthat damned quote thing to work.
I don't know who said that is a good way to get cheap insurance, but they're wrong...
I'm 24 years old, and I've got 2 speeding tickets on my record. One of them is going off my record in September, and the other one is going to be on there for another year and 2 months. The BEST rate I got, by far, is $119 a month, and that's for full coverage, $500 deductible, and that's figuring just my car. I'm sure theres some discounts in there for having my wifes Mustang, and our homeowners insurance on there, too, but nobody said anything to me about a law enforcement discount, and nothing is listed on my policy. Cops don't get a break.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Are you an LEO?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, I better get my car paid off then if I want just liability. I mean, heck, my car isn't luxurious or anything and if I do get in a simple bumper to bumper wreck, i'll just put on a bodykit or something. i need to get married or something to help lower my rates...and no more tickets for 3 years i guess-that's how long it takes to get off your record right?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts