Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just grab an edge and pull. You will have adhesive on the paint yet. Use trim adhesive remover to remove the adhesive. You can get it at any body shop supply. It takes a little work but will come off nice. They also have plastic razor blades that are supposed to work but I haven't had much luck with them.When pulling the decals off make sure the paint doesn't come off with the decal. I have seen this rarely but can happen.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm glad you asked because I want to do the same also. Did you do it Borngearhead? Just take some elbow grease to get the adhesive off...I can do that!

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Fast91SER said:
Taking all the badges off wont be hard, but they will leave an outline of the letters, and its not the adhesive.
yeah if its a 94 like in your signature then it will be discolored from the sun.... maybe some rubbing compound might help, dunno. Depends on how much the car was garaged in the last 8 years.

I usually do this when the car is fairly new... Heat the badge with a blow dryer and it pulls off like butter... then wax the area real well...

·
Registered
118 Posts
it will leave an outline of the letters, but it wont really be noticeable unless you get up close and look. i did it on mine. and on the 1-10 scale, 1 being easy, 10 being hard, it ranks a 1. took me about 5 minutes total.

·
Registered
475 Posts
As for debadging logos and letters, try using a hair dryer and a bit of dental floss. That's what a friend of mine did with his Spec-V, it worked great.

For cleaning around where the badge and letters where I'd suggest using Meguiar's paint cleaner/clear coat body scrub and either product line of their polish around the badge/letter area to add oils back to the paint to blend the sun faded section. Although, it's a good idea to clean the paint on the entire car, polish and then wax it. If the car has already been waxed wash it with dish liquid, since it is alkaline, and it will remove wax and grease.
Note: Washing with dish liquid will remove oils from the paint as well, this is why you need to use polish afterward. It is not recommended to wash the car in dish liquid often, only if you are removing wax to begin the 3 step cleaing process (paint cleaner - polish - wax) again. This should be done at least twice a year and waxed every 4-8 weeks.

Hope this helps,
Greg

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I did this to mine - I just used a blow dryer to heat up the glue and my library card to pick off the badges. I also removed the Nissan hamburger from the back - it's a little harder to remove since they used foam tape to stick it on, but enough elbow grease and it'll come right off.

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I did some more research and found out that using a hairdryer and dental floss would work well. And according to ihateloops, it's a very easy job using the hairdryer and dental floss (By-the-way, thanks for the feedback ihateloops). Oh... and thanks to everyone who's contributed with feedback so far on this issue. More feedback wouldn't hurt though :D. Thanks again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now I can take off the badges, but what can I do about the sticker that the dealership put on the car, it is kinda sun baked and I can't really peel it off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
...but what can I do about the sticker that the dealership put on the car...
A nice strong thumb nail and high tolerance for pain. :D
Perhaps a soaking of windex or rubbing alcohol. I'm sure there's some type of paste you could apply that would soften the sticker. Perhaps the hair dryer method. If you car needs to be painted, try sanding or a heat gun.

Greg

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey.. how did you get the H4 bulbs in there? and isnt the wiring different esp. in the headlight housing? lemme know im interested.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i didnt use a hairdryer and floss. i just walked around to my trunk, peeled off the letters, and then pulled off the nissan symbol, then i scrubbed it for a little bit. i cant remember what i scrubbed with....maybe bug and tar remover.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
If the glue is stubborn about coming off, buy a can of Dirtex, it's an aerosol glass cleaner. Spray it on the glue and it'll dissolve it enough that you can wipe it off with a paper towel.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Like you said, it's because it's a whole different car. The Sentra from 91-02 emblems are just glued/ taped on from what I hear. I know the Spec-V is glued. I guess it depends when and where your car was made. Mexico, US and Canada didn't have all exact stylings and there were a few design changes from year to year.

Greg

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
oh i c, but i had my S.E.N.T.R.A. ".E." taken off becase the forst 3 letters of sentra was falling of when i was washing my car.... but all it has it tha nissan badge.. i cant decide to leev it or stripp it?... what do u think ? would it look cleaner wit it's shaved appearance..?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I personally like the Nissan croamed logo. It's one of the best looking car logos IMO. It's sleek, stylish and looks expensive. If you have someone behind you and your car has power, let them know it's a Nissan. :D I find many cars looks similar to the B13, if that is what you have, like the older Toyota Corolla, Dodge Colt I think and a few other cars share a similar back end but Toyota basically copied the Sentra B13 design.

Personally I'd keep it. If you do remove it, what else is there to look at besides the license plate and unattractive bumper unless of course you have a nice exhaust to show off.

Greg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts