Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has 147,000 actual miles.4-2-1 ceramic coated header, Crane multispark ignition, K&N filter, 75hp shot NOS, and stainless steel dual outlet muffler.
I also has 5th gear pop out.
It runs perfect, starts right up and idles perfect. No rattles or weird noises.
Here are the pics. (sorry 56k guys)

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
To me...its worth whatever you are willing to pay for it! B13 SE-R's arent a dime a dozen like 200SX SE-R's. So its pretty hard to find one that you like. Because of the mods though I would be a little catious about buying it. You dont know how it was driven...with any used car you take that chance, yeah. But since this car is modded already its has probably seen alot more wear and tear then a stock SE-R that some old lady drove.

Seing that the motor is a Highport, and looking at the seats Im guessing its a 93. I would give like $2500 at most if you really REALLY wanted it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would say like the others how much do you want it. 147k on and engine that has a 75 shot it deffinately going to increase wear alot. It has pop out there is some $$ and the lights and ding. I would say 2000max. I like the MK2 golf or gti in the background.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
touch up the dark spots on the body where the paint is missing with a spray paint, clean your headlights, paint the grill white and detail the engine a bit and you might be able to get 2000 something. I wouldn't pay more than 1700 on it cause of the high mileage ... no power options and it's a stick. I like the wheels... get those spots on the body touched up seriously. A white spray paint can is like 4.97, use Rustoleum it's good stuff.

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Because of the NOS and some damage my wallet says $800.00. My heart tells me that this car is beat up and even tho there might be some life left in her it is still beat.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Twiz said:
touch up the dark spots on the body where the paint is missing with a spray paint, clean your headlights, paint the grill white and detail the engine a bit and you might be able to get 2000 something. I wouldn't pay more than 1700 on it cause of the high mileage ... no power options and it's a stick. I like the wheels... get those spots on the body touched up seriously. A white spray paint can is like 4.97, use Rustoleum it's good stuff.
youd pay less for a an SE-R cuz its stick??? i couldnt imagine a automatic se-r

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't pay no more then a grand for it, and that's being generous. I can see a nice classic bringing 2500 for the right car, but that car has too many flaws, and has NOS. Beat. I would stay away from it.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
How long has it been a Florida car? Book value is around $1400. You've got the busted corner light, headlights are nasty, just replace those, busted up fender that'll need replacing and painting, various paint defects (not sure if there's any other dings or dents), The front Nissan emblem in the grill is missing, the corner of the dash by ther radio is garfed up although I suspect that can be repaired with some adhesive, no radio, missing a switch plug next to the rear defroster button, I don't know what's up with that center console bezel, no trunk carpet or tire cover. As far as I'm concerned those things outweigh many of the add ons. I don't even know what brand rims those are to even assess a value. They look nice. Can't tell how much tread is left and what tires those are. I'd be looking closely at how that ignition was wired in, and how the NOS was installed. I'd have to look it over closer and drive it, but I'd guess it's worth $1400.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you should just take the nos kit out and save it for another car its not worth selling it with the car. the body work is nothing, $45 for a spray can that had matching paint. $35 for a used fender. than another $45 for a spray can that had matching paint. $15 for the corner light. $100 dollars for the labor of the do it yourselfer. just take that off the blue book. than add an extra $500 and try and sell to some kid or use that $500 for bargining

·
Registered
97 Posts
PSr_SEX-R said:
you should just take the nos kit out and save it for another car its not worth selling it with the car. the body work is nothing, $45 for a spray can that had matching paint. $35 for a used fender. than another $45 for a spray can that had matching paint. $15 for the corner light. $100 dollars for the labor of the do it yourselfer. just take that off the blue book. than add an extra $500 and try and sell to some kid or use that $500 for bargining

Tell him I will give him $500 for his jetta :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i wouldnt pay more than....2000 the body is really minor, most dont know what they are talking about or they are just jealous cus they dont have an se-r. White is my favorite stock color, Since its a 93, everyone can agree thats the best year. Cus it as NOS doesnt mean its beat. If it runs good it runs good ya know. It has a decent looking header and ignition. The only thing that sucks is the 5th gear popout, I dont have it in my ser but i could imagine that its pretty annoying. Id say dont spend more than 2000 on it. anyone who thinks its not worth at least 2000 is pretty much a dumbass. Plus milage aint shit. Mine has 190k and it runs like brand new. It could have amillion miles on it, As long as there isnt any leaks, sounds or smoke than its good to me. Got to look at it from a mechanics POV. Good luck with it if u purchase it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1800 bucks tops. i would haggle as much as possible to get it for a low price. if you plan on keeping it you are gonna have to take care of the rust and some of the body damage and the 5th gear pop out which will cost ya like 500 bucks. but it looks all good.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
$300-$500 at the most in my opinion.

-there is no stereo
-the body is in very poor condtion in at least 4 places
-the mudflaps are not present(they prevent paint abbrasion from tire spray)
-the headlights are in need of replacement
-the transmission requires major repairs or replacement.
-reason to beleive it suffers excesive engine and suspension wear.

aftermarket parts do NOT add to market value and some actually take away value, like your NOS kit. that just proves that the car was beat on, or at the very least proves an excess of engine wear. thus reducing value even further.

IMHO that car's next owner is a junkyard or a hardcore SE-R enthusist.

Bonesmugglar: you seem to be blinded by your lust for SE-R's. I have a white SE-R with 190K on it, and that car is still crappy. but of course i'm just jealous cus i dont have an SE-R! make me a sammich.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
needs carpet and seats need TLC, dash needs fixed, the fender, headlights faded out, need new units. paint shot, I can't see brakes and rotors and all the other things like shocks and springs, It has NOS, bad news with high miles, that motor will need pulled apart, due to NOS and I wonder if it has a higher volume fuel pump for fuel and an ECU for tune it.

I see an exhaust- double tip. Stromung???

I would pay 1500, no more
Chris 92 classic

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
Tavel said:
$300-$500 at the most in my opinion.

-there is no stereo
-the body is in very poor condtion in at least 4 places
-the mudflaps are not present(they prevent paint abbrasion from tire spray)
-the headlights are in need of replacement
-the transmission requires major repairs or replacement.
-reason to beleive it suffers excesive engine and suspension wear.

aftermarket parts do NOT add to market value and some actually take away value, like your NOS kit. that just proves that the car was beat on, or at the very least proves an excess of engine wear. thus reducing value even further.
This is the best reply yet but I'd at an additional 2-300 dollars to his est...the fact that it's a florida car means less rust....

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
HATEnFATE said:
This is the best reply yet but I'd at an additional 2-300 dollars to his est...the fact that it's a florida car means less rust....
oh righto, chicago cars are half bondo lol. :cheers:

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
LOL. i'm not opening that can of beans here.

just make sure you have adequeat knowledge of the subject area before posting, it does no one any good if you give misadvice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thank you all for your opinions and suggestions.
Let me answer some of your questions...

The engine is INTACT!!! I have been tinkering with cars since I was 14 and I know what I am talking about. It does not burn ANY oil and there is little or no blow by which tells me the piston rings are in very good condition. There are no snipped wires in the engine bay except where the ignition is installed. All of the hosing (vacuum/water) is in perfect condition. It leaks absolutely NO fluids of any kind. Starts right up and idles at 800 RPM.
The previous owner obviously knew little about the mechanical aspects of a vehicle so all of the mods were professionally installed. Here is an example of his lack of knowledge (which is the main reason I got this car for a grand)...
He said the oil pump was broken cuz the car would make a ticking sound when he first started it in the morning. The problem was an aftermarket oil filter that did not have the block off valve that the OEM Nissan one has. This allowed all of the oil in the filter to be emptied out when the car was shut off. So when you first start the car the oil must first be pumped into the filter before reaching the LIFTERS which were making the "ticking" sound.

About the body...
Minus the spots where the paint is peeling and the dent in the fender it's virtually dentless. And the gaps in the body panels are as good as factory. There is absolutely NO rust anywhere other than on the surface of the area by the rear left window. I even got under the car with a flash light and I also checked in the area behind the door hinges and in the trunk floor.

The rims and tires are in great condition. I would say that there is about 80% of the tread left on them. And the suspension is also great. There is no pulling on the highway and it muffles the bumps great.

About the noss...
I don't think this guy hit the bottle too much if at all. The tank was full when I got the car and I tried to trick him into telling me how often he used it. I said "you must be hittin the button all the damn time with all these damn turboed hondas out there huh?" He answered "actually, it was a waste of money cuz I have never really needed it, the car does pretty well against the hondas without the nos, and I've never gone up against a turbo one anyway."

By the way, I sold the car last night for 1,900.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts