Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car looks nice, with 144k miles, stock, new brakes, replaced engine mounts, painted, and installed after market stereo, rear struts replaced (Bilstiens), new tires and an alignment.. for $2000. Is this a reasonable price for the car with 5th popout and how much would it cost to fix? I'm looking to use it as a commuter car, 60+ miles a day in 5th gear. :p

Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
I just recently had my "fifth gear popout" problem fixed and it varies in price depending if there are other components in your tranny that need to be replaced. My fix cost me about 1600 but I had it done with a 60 dollar an hour labor charge. If you are doing it yourself there is a list of parts you would need to fix the fifth gear popout on se-r.net. The list for parts is found here:
http://www.se-r-list.org/fifth.gear.phtml#partlist

They replaced 1st gar assembly, and the 1-2 & Reverse hub along with their bearings besides the fifth gear parts and the total cost in parts (for new parts) was $789 including the fifth gear stuff. So as you have the tools and know enough about transmissions you will save alot of money. I took my car to a shop that specializes in imports because they do a really good job and if anything happens to the transmission they will most likely fix it for free. So I would say that it would cost about 300-800 if you do it yourself or about 1400-1600 if you take it to a shop.

S

·
0 Posts
You are better off finding a new tranny... I had mine rebuilt several times and still experienced the same problem within months... Just find a tranny with low miles and you can probably pick it up for 600 bucks or so..

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
Middy said:
This car looks nice, with 144k miles, stock, new brakes, replaced engine mounts, painted, and installed after market stereo, rear struts replaced (Bilstiens), new tires and an alignment.. for $2000. Is this a reasonable price for the car with 5th popout and how much would it cost to fix? I'm looking to use it as a commuter car, 60+ miles a day in 5th gear. :p

Thanks!

where is the car located.. cause i already am buying the one in alliso viejo. hehe.. so if thats the one then dont even bother.. i live closer and i already talked to the guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts