Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For the guys who did a s20de or s20det swaps, how much money did you spend just doing the basic swap. I'm thinking about doing the swap, but don't want to max out my credit cards. I recently bought a B12 with a bad motor and a excellent body. I was just going to swap my motor in, but since my new B12 engine is out I was thinking of putting in a ga16de or a s20de.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The actual swap only cost me about $2k. I paid $1000 for a totalled SE-R. $550 to ship it from Ohio. Another $500 or so in new engine mounts, water pump, wires, wiring schematics, material to build the mounts, welding wire, etc. The turbo, second tranny, wheels, paint, susp, etc added up to the $10k including the cost of the car. Shop around, pic and choose wisely, and it can be done for a fairly affordable amount.
John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had already read "HYBRID DET". I'm just looking for the lowest cost. Like John aka Nismodriver said the swap only cost him $2k. I can get a s20de with tranny, wire harness and ecu for $600 from a friend. I'll most likely make my own mounts and everything else.

Nismodriver - how long did it take you to do the actual swap?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The swap was done in two weeks.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts