3,520 Posts
115 to the crank

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cHoPs said:
115 to the crank
thats not very much i thought it came with maybe 135 hp is it still a good motor to fix up? how fast have you ever seen a nissan sentra go thats a 1998

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know that all the figures state 115 at the crank, but I think Nissan might of sandbagged on that figure. If you look at the rating most will say 6000 rpm. If you look at a dyno curve of a stock GA16DE, you can see it pulls to about 6300. There should be some more power there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
picture wouldn't come up, goe to www.sportcompactcarweb.com and look at the project 1.6 They have pictures of some curves there.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Lastly when you are posting questions that are directly related to your motor you should post in the appropriate forum. The motor in your car is known as the GA16DE and we have a specific forum for that motor. I am going to move this post over there...

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
sentra 98 said:
how fast have you ever seen a nissan sentra go thats a 1998
I've a VSD Concept HUD at my GA16'ed 1997 Auto Tranny Sentra & it's peak speed is at 179KMph = 111mph it were at a highway at 2000mts above sea level / ~6000ft with a loss of power of around 25%, so I know I need to change the ECU if I want to hit the higher speed reachable.

O/C I've modified the whole suspension, brakes, wheels & my a few engine mods & just got 60,000kms/40,000miles at the odometer, so don't try to do this on stock conditions.

Follow the Sentra.net advise & myoung proyect at NPM.com

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
sentra 98 said:
thats not very much i thought it came with maybe 135 hp is it still a good motor to fix up? how fast have you ever seen a nissan sentra go thats a 1998

nah, only big brother sr20 has 140hp to the crank.......ive seen some "quick" ga16de's.....do you mean fast as in speed or fast as in quarter mile?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Most likely the GA16DE puts out anywhere from 115 to 125 horsepower stock, according to Nissan. But, of course, for insurance and other reasons, Nissan downgrades the engine's performance. Another unique feature is that Nissan measures horsepower to the wheels, not to the crank. So, if a Nissan spec reads 125 horses, you do not have to subtract anything to get the real information. Suck on that, Honda...

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Nissan300ZXZ31Turbo said:
Most likely the GA16DE puts out anywhere from 115 to 125 horsepower stock, according to Nissan. But, of course, for insurance and other reasons, Nissan downgrades the engine's performance. Another unique feature is that Nissan measures horsepower to the wheels, not to the crank. So, if a Nissan spec reads 125 horses, you do not have to subtract anything to get the real information. Suck on that, Honda...

uhh.....no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts