Nissan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Pivot 180
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
VG30DETT said:
like Carlito said, they don't detune the engines. All japanese car manufacturers "say" they won't go above 276 hp but the cars that they say has 276 have more than that but they will never detune an engine.
Really? Thats funny because the S15 has a restrictor built into the wastegate signal line to keep a limit on the factory boost level. Id say this is detuning.

sr20det's have great potential but I think the turbo lag on them is horrible.
Firstly we are not talking about the SR, secondly the SR has almost no turbo lag at all - it uses a T25G which is a really small turbo specifically chosen to minimise lag.

If you want to spend lots on upgrading the turbo (which you shouldn't do) then it'll add much more power but cause problems with cooling and probably cause too much stress on other parts. And waste a perfectly good turbo that's already there. I'd also recommend exhaust.
If you are talking about the T25G on the SR its not a good turbo. It is small and very inefficient at high boost levels. If you are talking about the skyline turbos, a lot of them have ceramic exhaust wheels that delaminate at boost levels above 13psi - which also isnt good. The series 2 R33 GTS-T turbos even have a plastic compressor wheel!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Joel said:
Really? Thats funny because the S15 has a restrictor built into the wastegate signal line to keep a limit on the factory boost level. Id say this is detuning.
This is a wrong statement, why cause having a restrictor in the wasgate line will only make the boost higher, not lower!

Anyway, the reason for this is cause S14 and S15 have the boost controled by the ECU and the by-pass solenoid doesn't flow enought, so they put a restrictor in the line to limit the flow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
BigBlueR32 said:
hate to say it but the RB20 is a pretty weak engine compared to the RB25..

I know someone who has a bored RB22 and its got 300 to the wheels.. I've heard of someone taking a RB24ET and slapping the RB20 head on there (RB24DET) not half bad, but for the work why not make an RB30DET..

Stock and even tuned the RB20 isn't really worth it.. depends what power you want I guess..
I must say, you are correct. But you gotta remember, you're talkin 0.5 of a litre. Of course the RB25 is better but some people just don't have to huge money kickin around the get that swap. The RB20 is no 25 or 26 but it's anything but a weak motor. It's in a skyline isn't it?? It's ahead of its time, regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
S14 Drift! said:
Wow, you abviously don't know anything about Skyline, if so, please don't post stupid comment like this one :rolleyes:

It's 215BHP = ~212HP

Stock will do less than 200WHP

I re-tuned one 2 weeks ago on a DynaPack Dyno 10.5 psi of boost with 444cc injectors (from a GTR) Stock turbo, stock intercooler, 3" exhaust.

It made 223WHP ans 220WTorque.

With more boost you could expect ~ 250WHP(but my customer didn't have a boost controler)

The stock turbo is limiting the top end power, peak HP was at ~5900RPM cause the turbo didn't bread enought at top end.

Robin
I'm not here to pick stupid fights, so i'll leave this one alone. However, unless you can gimme a link that it's not 215whp, I stand with my numbers. And how does that make me stupid about skylines???? No, seriously. I may have got ONE thing wrong. I'm obviously not that stupid, I do work on them 6 days a week. But like I said, if you wanna be immature and say people don't know anything about cars, choose a different forum. We're all here to talk about cars, not fuck with other people. Anyhow, if you can get me a link, I will gladly change my answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
nitrous_burner said:
It's in a skyline isn't it?? It's ahead of its time, regardless.
That is very true and for the guy who started this thred coulda saved all this argument by just taking to a testing station and put it on the dyno. As for wanting to know how much power your getting after a few "simple" mods such as intercooler etc, there are many things that can make the difference. Wanna know your power, do a dyno run :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
nitrous_burner said:
I'm not here to pick stupid fights, so i'll leave this one alone. However, unless you can gimme a link that it's not 215whp, I stand with my numbers. And how does that make me stupid about skylines???? No, seriously. I may have got ONE thing wrong. I'm obviously not that stupid, I do work on them 6 days a week. But like I said, if you wanna be immature and say people don't know anything about cars, choose a different forum. We're all here to talk about cars, not fuck with other people. Anyhow, if you can get me a link, I will gladly change my answer.
Sorry , I just don't like when people give out wrong information...

Here is the link> http://www.rb20det.com/aboutrb20det.html

I didn't want to piss you off, sorry again!

Robin
 
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Top