Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know how much horsepower can i get from my rb20det stock to the wheels.
and how much can i get when i change turbo, intercooler and the other minor stuff.
A friend told me those engines are d-tuned to leave Japan so what will i have to do to get it back original.
What will the horsepower be like then?

·
Registered
86 Posts
They don't detune them. Stock is 215hp at the flywheel, on high octane fuel (100 octane). 3" exhaust and K&N filter would get you a few more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carlito said:
They don't detune them. Stock is 215hp at the flywheel, on high octane fuel (100 octane). 3" exhaust and K&N filter would get you a few more.

Thanx for clarifying that.

So what about the after market intercooler and stuff?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
jnr_chin said:
Thanx for clarifying that.

So what about the after market intercooler and stuff?
well, a big intercooler might give you 3 more, but it will make it run a lot cooler, and the turbo depends on the kind of turbo you get, but dont forget a fuel pump to feed the beast, and also, ask Opium about the rb20det.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a GTR intercooler on mine. No real difference in power, but it has greater potential. I have cooling problems as a result, though. The GTR has a different bumper and a bigger grille opening so it gets more air.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
need power for my rb20det

KaRdoN said:
well, a big intercooler might give you 3 more, but it will make it run a lot cooler, and the turbo depends on the kind of turbo you get, but dont forget a fuel pump to feed the beast, and also, ask Opium about the rb20det.

I have a real nice gas pump which was previously used on a turbo engine but a t3/t4 turbo what can i expect in horsepower from that i am basically trying to get like 300 or more horse power without much changes.

"i was threatened by a levin with 3sgte with t3 t4 turbo an no other mods i cant let him kill me"

what can i do?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
jnr_chin said:
I have a real nice gas pump which was previously used on a turbo engine but a t3/t4 turbo what can i expect in horsepower from that i am basically trying to get like 300 or more horse power without much changes.

"i was threatened by a levin with 3sgte with t3 t4 turbo an no other mods i cant let him kill me"

what can i do?
how much boost are you going to run? what kind of fuel management? it all depends on a bunch of factors, but i can guess around 255 would be close.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
KaRdoN said:
how much boost are you going to run? what kind of fuel management? it all depends on a bunch of factors, but i can guess around 255 would be close.

ok thats not bad caz my car is really light there is nothing in it with weight except the rollcage and the engine of course, so i guess a power to weight advantage will help me. :thumbup:

So the 255hp is with the t3/t4 on high boost or low boost? and with a resonable setup of parts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Carlito said:
Stock figures are 215 whp, not flywheel. Japanese manufacturers don't do flywheel numbers. Not like the american crap. But yeah, it's on 100 octane, and we don't even have that here, so it will be effected.

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
nitrous_burner said:
Stock figures are 215 whp, not flywheel. Japanese manufacturers don't do flywheel numbers. Not like the american crap. But yeah, it's on 100 octane, and we don't even have that here, so it will be effected.
100 octane? maybe u dont. i run 100 tough my car like every 3 months to clean it out some, jsut gotta know where to go

·
Registered
16 Posts
ICP Sux0rZ! said:
100 octane? maybe u dont. i run 100 tough my car like every 3 months to clean it out some, jsut gotta know where to go
Yeah, i've looked and there is NO gas stations that supply 100 octane in BC. I could go to the states, but you know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nitrous_burner said:
Yeah, i've looked and there is NO gas stations that supply 100 octane in BC. I could go to the states, but you know.

thanx again for the info

so a t3/t4 with a 60 front and a 40 back how will that run with a mines computer( no limiter) with about 10psi nice gas pump 3 1/2" piping and a diff with a nice ratio?

·
Registered
16 Posts
jnr_chin said:
thanx again for the info

so a t3/t4 with a 60 front and a 40 back how will that run with a mines computer( no limiter) with about 10psi nice gas pump 3 1/2" piping and a diff with a nice ratio?
Yeah, you are gonna have to run aftermarket turbos to reach a reliable 10psi. Even though the stock boost is 9 pounds, anything over 1 pound higher will most likely turn your stocker into a bomb. With good gas, and a 3.5 inch exhaust your power should be at approximately 245 if all goes well. The diff obviously isn't gonna help with horsepower, but you'll fire off the line much better with the added horsepower and the new diff. Sounds like a good set of upgrades.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nitrous_burner said:
Yeah, you are gonna have to run aftermarket turbos to reach a reliable 10psi. Even though the stock boost is 9 pounds, anything over 1 pound higher will most likely turn your stocker into a bomb. With good gas, and a 3.5 inch exhaust your power should be at approximately 245 if all goes well. The diff obviously isn't gonna help with horsepower, but you'll fire off the line much better with the added horsepower and the new diff. Sounds like a good set of upgrades.
by the way other than the exaust piping, in my engine bay the turbo will not be able to bolt directly to the exaust manifold. What would be the recommended size pipe to use from the exaust to the turbo without having any lag, what thickness for the flanges etc.

what disadvantages and advantages are there when i go that way if any?

·
Registered
47 Posts
hate to say it but the RB20 is a pretty weak engine compared to the RB25..

I know someone who has a bored RB22 and its got 300 to the wheels.. I've heard of someone taking a RB24ET and slapping the RB20 head on there (RB24DET) not half bad, but for the work why not make an RB30DET..

Stock and even tuned the RB20 isn't really worth it.. depends what power you want I guess..

·
Registered
26 Posts
nitrous_burner said:
Stock figures are 215 whp, not flywheel. Japanese manufacturers don't do flywheel numbers. Not like the american crap.
Wow, you abviously don't know anything about Skyline, if so, please don't post stupid comment like this one :rolleyes:

It's 215BHP = ~212HP

Stock will do less than 200WHP

I re-tuned one 2 weeks ago on a DynaPack Dyno 10.5 psi of boost with 444cc injectors (from a GTR) Stock turbo, stock intercooler, 3" exhaust.

It made 223WHP ans 220WTorque.

With more boost you could expect ~ 250WHP(but my customer didn't have a boost controler)

The stock turbo is limiting the top end power, peak HP was at ~5900RPM cause the turbo didn't bread enought at top end.

Robin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Carlito said:
like Carlito said, they don't detune the engines. All japanese car manufacturers "say" they won't go above 276 hp but the cars that they say has 276 have more than that but they will never detune an engine. sr20det's have great potential but I think the turbo lag on them is horrible. If you want to spend lots on upgrading the turbo (which you shouldn't do) then it'll add much more power but cause problems with cooling and probably cause too much stress on other parts. And waste a perfectly good turbo that's already there. I'd also recommend exhaust.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts