Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new here, heh actually i dont even have my license yet.. but i will in september!! hheheh.. anyways.. I'm planning on getting the Spec V after license, heh i like the car and my parents are ok with the price tag!! heheh

So how much HP should i expect after adding a supercharger, intakes, dual mufflers, etc? 300? hopefully? heheheh, and what do u guys say about a dark purple-blue paintjob? thanks!!!

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
first i say.. stop trying to make it ricey and quit with the dual mufflers.. damn that ishh is so ghetto

second. there is no SC massed produced for it just yet. intake alone will gain at least 8... and its been proven exhaust will gain you about another 8stick with that youll be fine.. no paint jobs save your money for performance not rice!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasnt trying to make it ricey.. i plan on keeping all stock parts.. well as much as i can.. i plan to keep the stock kit, rims, spoiler.. i just wanna play with what's under the hood.. *:)

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: Re: max hp

rios said:

howd u deduce this tidbit of info?
jim wolf has already blown at least one qr25 up he said it snaped two rods at 275whp so he recomends that you not go over 240whp on the stock internals if you want the engine to last.:cool:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not trying to troll BUT...

It makes me sick when parents buy their kids brand new cars like this.

You SHOULD have to work for and EARN your first car, not have it given to you. Does the term "snot nosed spoiled kids" mean anything to you? It isn't surprising that immediately you plan to rice the car out...Youth lends itself to trendiness.

By the way, who's going to buy all these parts for the car? Are you telling me YOU are, being 16 and making $5-6/hr? yeah, right.

Guys, all i'm saying is that this is the makings of yet another arogant kid who will abuse his car because he didn't have to buy it himself. Bet it will be totalled by years end.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for taking it. I would have when I was that old. My problem is with your parents.

Summary: you have to crawl before you walk. 99% of people who skip that basic step will eventually fall on their ass, as they give somebody still crawling a hard time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
umm.. i am gonna be paying for this car if i'm really getting it..

They're just gonna pay for the down-payment, and i'll pay for it monthly with a part time job, so dont think i'm a fob or anything with body kits and altezzas and tagging the car with as much stickers as i can find, and sticking a commonly seen red honda emblem on it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and by the way i'm 17 and a job that pays 10dollars isnt hard to get, places all over san francisco is hiring such as amc 1000 theaters. So before u come up here and say shit u dont know, why dont u shut the fuck up? If i'm gonna get a car and CARE for it, i'll be commited to my job and u really should keep ur mouth shut until u hear the full story.

Us not being 18 or not being in college yet doesnt mean we're irresponsible punks, I'll admit some of us are irresponsible and spoiled <damn fobs>. But dont say shit until u seen the complete picture asshole.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just thought I'd chime in...

My parents signed for my car, but I pay for every single penny of the insurance and car payment. I make 9 an hour plus bonuses working as a Bank of America teller. I'm a slave to my car. I'm so frugal with my shit I'm doing my own CAI right now trying to spend a record low amount of money as possible (getting mandrel bends and welding jobs from friends and hookups, this and that) while still making it work.

So yeah, if your parents are going to buy you that Spec V, you damn well better appreciate it.

I'm gonna be a good boy and go back to my GA16DE forum now. Peace out. :)

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
no reason to get mad at the kid. he probably will end up getting a GXE or something like that. Making 9 an hour he wont be able to afford payments and insurance and still have enough money for gas. unless the "down payment" his parents make is like 10g. God rich kids piss me off.

·
Registered
674 Posts
atomos319 said:
I'm not trying to troll BUT...

It makes me sick when parents buy their kids brand new cars like this.

You SHOULD have to work for and EARN your first car, not have it given to you. Does the term "snot nosed spoiled kids" mean anything to you? It isn't surprising that immediately you plan to rice the car out...Youth lends itself to trendiness.

By the way, who's going to buy all these parts for the car? Are you telling me YOU are, being 16 and making $5-6/hr? yeah, right.

Guys, all i'm saying is that this is the makings of yet another arogant kid who will abuse his car because he didn't have to buy it himself. Bet it will be totalled by years end.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for taking it. I would have when I was that old. My problem is with your parents.

Summary: you have to crawl before you walk. 99% of people who skip that basic step will eventually fall on their ass, as they give somebody still crawling a hard time.

Sounds like somebody is jealous and hating on somebody he doesn't even know. There are so many people who get cars from their parents. Think about every girl that you know that turns 16 and mom and dad buy them a new car. It could be worse and his parents could buy him a new vette or ss camaro like I have seen before. It's a fucking Sentra. QUIT HATING! You sound like an asshole.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I AM jealous of some 17 yr old kid.

Please.

I also own a 02 Spec V.
But, I bought it on my own. No co-signer, no help from mommy and daddy, none of that.

My first car was an 86 nissan sentra that I bought completely on my own ( this was back in 96) for $500. Now that I've had time to develop my own career and stature I often run into people who had things handed to them at one time, and the truth is THEY DON'T APPRECIATE IT one bit. Typically they act like little snobs, as though they're better then the kids who can't have a new car like that.Then they end up dis-illusioned when they meet the real world and it kicks them in the ass. They whine and cry about life because they aren't used to not having it there way.

ONCE AGAIN, AS THE ADAGE GOES: "You have to CRAWL before you WALK."

Let me ask you this: What do you think when you see a kid get every toy he wants from his/her parents, who throw a hissy fit if they don't get it there way? I see a teenager who's parents are stupid enough to give them the keys to a brand new car the same way.

SPOILED BRATS

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
ENOUGH ALREADY

If you are going to flame someone because their parents are purchasing a brand new car for them, you're an idiot (In my book, anyway). Parents that want to give their kids a nice car as their first car, that's their decision. It does not mean that the kid is a spoiled brat, and will demand everything on a silver platter. HELL NO. A friend of mine was given a cheque for $30,000 to buy a car (I know, because I saw the cheque) from his dad. He still foots the bills for his car repairs, gas, and whatever other things come up. Cars teach kids responsibility. Trust me, I know. My first car was a hand-me-down 1988 Honda Accord, with 195,000 miles when it was given to me. Sure, there were no payments, but I paid for Gas, I paid for insurance, I paid for repairs. Its the same with my b14 sentra. I pay for everything. Car Repairs, Insurance, Gas, and whatever else. If you don't approve of it, don't call it out in the forums and degrade another's post. If you have any concerns please contact me, and I will be happy to answer them.

-Sam
QR25 - 2.5L Engine Forum Moderator.

side note: I do not own a spec. I am the somewhat proud owner of a 97 Sentra GXE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.