Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
yeah i have a rebuilt ga16de. no emanage im getting a JWT ecu 370injectors and sr20 maf
SR MAF is not enough IMHO. Also you cannot ask how much boost the motor can hold. 10 PSI on a T25 makes much less power than 10 PSI on a big T3/T4 turbo. The question should be how much power can the engine hold and then tune for that power level.

250WHP has proven to be plenty reliable with the right tune.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SR MAF is not enough IMHO. Also you cannot ask how much boost the motor can hold. 10 PSI on a T25 makes much less power than 10 PSI on a big T3/T4 turbo. The question should be how much power can the engine hold and then tune for that power level.

250WHP has proven to be plenty reliable with the right tune.
I spoke to a JWT tech and he told me they only have a program for 370injectors and sr20 maf ( i think hes bullshitting me ) i have a rb25det maf that i would have loved to use...

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I spoke to a JWT tech and he told me they only have a program for 370injectors and sr20 maf ( i think hes bullshitting me ) i have a rb25det maf that i would have loved to use...
That is wrong. I have personally had two different JWT turbo programs on my ecu.

370's and S14 240sc MAF (good to approx. 250 whp)

MSD 59 lb injectors and Cobra MAF (good to approx. 350 whp)

I would use one of these setups as they have been used by different people and are known to work.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is wrong. I have personally had two different JWT turbo programs on my ecu.

370's and S14 240sc MAF (good to approx. 250 whp)

MSD 59 lb injectors and Cobra MAF (good to approx. 350 whp)

I would use one of these setups as they have been used by different people and are known to work.
the 240sx maf you had was it from the ka24de engine? im about to just listen to the tech and get a sr20 maf with 370's i mean he should klnow what hes talking about. also what color label does the maf from the 240 have?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
the 240sx maf you had was it from the ka24de engine? im about to just listen to the tech and get a sr20 maf with 370's i mean he should klnow what hes talking about. also what color label does the maf from the 240 have?
All 240's had the KA24, the MAF JWT tuned for is from the S14 chassis 240 only!

I am 100% certain in what programs they have done in the past, my car is sponsored by JWT and I have worked with Clark personally on one of the programs.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All 240's had the KA24, the MAF JWT tuned for is from the S14 chassis 240 only!

I am 100% certain in what programs they have done in the past, my car is sponsored by JWT and I have worked with Clark personally on one of the programs.
what do you suggest i do? should i call JWT and speak to another tech? or should i just go with the sr20 maf? i dunno...

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah use the 240maf i dont know why he told you use the sr20maf, the 370's should work fine with that combination. Im going to be running shortly with the same combinations on my motor

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a question, couple of my buddies suggested in getting a MAF from an 95+ Altima uses the same MAF since it uses the same motor: K24DE would that work????

I know that the 240MAF are hard to come fine at a reasonable price

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I had a question, couple of my buddies suggested in getting a MAF from an 95+ Altima uses the same MAF since it uses the same motor: K24DE would that work????

I know that the 240MAF are hard to come fine at a reasonable price
Good idea... I would have adealer or someone with access to FAST cross reference the two MAFS to verify they are the same part #. The beauty of the 240 MAF is that it uses the same plug as the B14 GA 16 so it is plug and play.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts