Nissan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
know where Stockton Cali. is at? heheh its just south of it about 10 miles ..and nah i havent started yet...not till i get some cash to do it...once that happens going to start it

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
well...just going off of the 1/8 mile time....thats very high. if you check out the timeslip registry on sentra.net, most ga are running those times with just i/h/e. was the only mod u had a turbo? somethin just isnt right with those times. not saying you are lying just something is off.

·
Driver
736 Posts
NiN_00 said:
wow thats the best times with a Ga16De-T...doesnt seem like the engine doesnt like to respond with that Turbo...hmm thought better times would have came out of the GA im glad im goin JDM
wes has broken into the 15s with his na GA, and I thought chef was in the low 14s with his stock internals GA16DET...

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Why do you think I swaped to a (jdm) sr20? It was because the engine was to slow, but also it is no longer working. I will be running plenty of boost on this one.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
well...you can get a jdm sr20 from KWC for about $300-400. So i would say a ga16 is about $250-300. If my engine actually blew or something broke, i would pay more than that. But i am wanting a spare to build so my car doesn't sit when do stuff to the engine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i didn't know US SR20's were so cheap!!

If US SR20's are so cheap then how much would it be to do a full motor swap. Forget the DET it's too expensive.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i like the DET's . i believe they worth the money and it has a ton of power . Another big bonus is they are JDM. get you points at the show

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
just my $0.02, but wouldn't it be more practical to just get either the usd or jdm sr20 and slap a f-max stage 2 or 3 turbo kit on it. i can't remember which it is that comes w/the t3/t4 turbo. damn close to 400hp. just my opnion though.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
That is why I swithched to a primera engine. I dont like the f-max though because it doesnt put out enough power. The t3/t4 will be strained. When doing 30psi. The t4 is much better. Sure it takes a while to spool ,but it can handle the boost!

No descrition or pictures until I am finished.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts