Nissan Forum banner

How many modes does a 95' GXE Sentra Supposed to Have?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  V i V i D 200sx 
#1 · (Edited)
How many wiper modes does a 95' GXE Sentra Supposed to Have?

Ok Please help. Heres the deal.

I have a 95 Sentra GXE. It has had 3 wiper modes since i got it, timed slow, medium, and fast.

The timed mode stopped working about 2 months ago and it just clicks now.

Well my mom brought it in to the Nissan dealership today while I was at work using her car and they replaced the motor (for $260). I got the car back today and now there are only 2 modes. They said 3 modes never existed on a sentra (even though there are three lines). I know I wasnt imagining things for the last 5 years so what is the deal?

How many of you guys have 3 wiper modes on a 95' sentra or 200sx? I have to go back and complain to the place tomorrow now because they basically did $260 worth of replacing a motor which is what I had when it was broken.

Thanks

#3 ·
I dont know if this will help you or not because I have a 97 sentra, but I know for a fact that my wipers have a 3 speed motor. There is intermediate(once like every 5 seconds), medium speed and fast. If I were you I would ask around, at some dealerships. but good luck

#4 ·
Thanks for help :)

I have a manual from a 96' sentra in my car (I got my car used in 96' and they didnt have a 95' book handy) and it displays two different modes, a 2 mode and 3 mode wiper.

The nissan dealership even had the audacity today to scrape the first notch mark in the wiper handle with a knife or something.

If I dont get something fixed tomorrow I might have to see if I can report this somewhere.

#5 ·
Anyone with a 3 mode wiper, can you please write down the part number of the wiper motor for me? It should be located in engine bay on right side top, medium sized part.

I need to prove to these idiots that 3 mode wipers for sentras exist.

ARgh

#6 ·
yep, i think they're rippin' you off. I don't have the part number but it can have 3 speeds. If you remember 3, then it has to be 3.

And by the way, it is INTERMITTENT (as in stopping and starting at intervals. i.e. periodic) not intermediate. A 2 setting wiper would not have this feature.

#7 ·
Well my mom brought it in to the Nissan dealership today while I was at work using her car and they replaced the motor (for $260).
Damn! What a bunch of crooked fu*kers! I hate dealerships, they rip people off left and right. I checked w/ the local dealership in my town to get a quote as far as installing my headers. They wanted $350! What a bunch of crap, later I found a local mechanic to do it for $125.

#8 ·
Check this out.

Went today and complained to them about them scraping the paint off teh wiper handle and nothing working.

They are trying to play it off like I needed the motor anyways.

Also the idiots found out today that the motor DOESNT control the speeds of the wiper there are extra modules for the INTERMITTENT mode in addition to the motor. They want me to pay antoher $60 to have it installed, I laughed at him. The biggest thing is the motor does the exact same thing as wehn i brought it in.

I am gonna complain directly to Nissan if this isnt resolved and possible take em to small claims court.

Also they said they rotated my tires, well they didnt know but I had the front tire repaired and there is a mark where it was repaired. Of course its in the same spot it was when I gave it to them.

What a joke, a Nissan dealership not knowing about their own cars. I can udnerstand maybe if i brought a buick in or kia or something but geez cmon....

#11 ·
I looked for a part number on the motor and I couldnt find any thing. no sticker, no ingraving, nothing.
you might try ripping one out of a totaled sentra at a junkyard or something, if you cant get it from the dealership.:D

#14 ·
Neil said:
What a joke, a Nissan dealership not knowing about their own cars. I can udnerstand maybe if i brought a buick in or kia or something but geez cmon....
tell me about it, when i took my car in to have the timing chains fixed, i told them exactly what was wrong. they fed me bull shit abought this and that, finally i got pissed and told them i know this engine like the back of my hand why dont you? finally they fixed it (after two weeks of thier trouble shooting!) and guess what it was exactly what i said two weeks earlier!!! then they tried explaining it to me like i was a 12 year old girl!!! i was sooooo pissed! they wasted my time, i will not take my car back to the $tealer$hip, i only took my car in this time because it was under warrenty.

#15 ·
yeah, if you cant beat 'em, join 'em.... thats why i plan on getting a job @ the best place to get ripped off. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.