Nissan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
93 4x4 4cyl. king cab

Hello all, this is not my first Nissan truck, back in the late 90's I had a 95 regular cab that I sold before I had to do any work to it, I just never had any issues, it was a great truck. I've just purchased a 93 4x4 King cab 5spd. with 4cyl. and I feel like going back in time when I was in my early 20's. The truck has 91K miles and is in good shape. There are so many things I want to do to it now, but is too cold outside, high 20's here in Virginia. I want to start with a tune-up and valve cover gasket but I don't know if want to be in the cold for a few hours. I'm planning on using this truck as my primary turck and leave my 97 rodeo for spare car. I paid $1700 for my turck, I think it is a good deal.
PS. For what I remember the 4cyl. feels uner power correct? this is from what I remember. This truck feels undepower on first gear but once is going it feels normal. I think is the gear ratio!
Thaks all for your help! Will post pictures later!:givebeer:

·
Registered
7 Posts
95 ext. cab long box. 245000 km's. ( thats 155000 miles to my American friends ) running strong but I think needs A water pump or Alternator, I could hear bearing noise from the front of the Engine while warming it uo at work today!

·
Registered
29 Posts
94 2.4 2wd 5 speed - 207,000 and counting. It runs smoothly but I've had loud, random, annoying lifter tick for some time. It appears a couple of the exhaust lash adjusters (tiny hydraulic lifters mounted in the tips of the rocker arms) are wearing out. I bought replacements that are going in soon.

I've pulled a 16 foot twin axle trailer with this loaded with anything from cars to lumber. It does a great job of towing. The short wheelbase and tight turning circle (about 2 feet shorter than a Toyota) means I can back trailers like a pro - didn't know I had it in me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1990 D21 extra cab VG30 4x4, 280,xxx. This was a company vehicle(surveyer truck) before I got it as a company vehicle(geo-technical earthwork inspector)at 120k. Drove it as a company vehicle until 220K, when I talked them into giving it to me rather than auctioning it. Lost reverse(5 sp.) at 130K, got a tranny rebuild and new clutch at that time. Also got a new head gasket at about 140K(lent it to another employee for some off road work, overheated it.) I've done the timing belt twice, second time realized the crank sprocket had eaten the key and keyway, allowing the timing to slip a few degrees each way on accel and decel. JB Weld and some square key stock as well as some creative surgery on the crank keyway and she's still going 40k later. Also replaced an injector last year. My '94 D21 VG30 extra cab 4x4 is only at 124k, it's at the body shop at the moment getting a new radiator support and inner fender straightened after I rear ended a Tundra right before X-mas. Gonna end up with a Pathfinder front end treatment(that's all they have in the local salvage yards). Hopefully I'll have it back and start paint prep in a week or 2, I was planning on repainting the hood and front clip anyway as the factory clear coat was well on it's way out. I'll post pics of the process.
Pat D.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, ive got a 1986.5 XE 4x4 with the V6 in it that has about 95,500 total original miles on it. its got the red and silver paint job, standard cab and a short box on it. short little thing but has gobs of torque and will go when you want it to. idles like a dream, very smooth and quiet. gets 20mpg city and about 23-25mpg on the highway.
its such an awesome vehicle for a first car! the original totally papered and babied this thing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got my 96 regular cab 2wd 2.4 L 4 cyl in late August of 2009 with 143,000 miles. Got roughly 148,000 as of now, Paid $1,900 for it, pretty good deal I think. Truck runs great, except for a little hard shifting when it's cold in the morning. I think it might need a new oxygen sensor too cause a mechanic said it was working a little slow and it does seem a tad under powered. Do these trucks have 1 or 2 oxygen sensors?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got my 96 regular cab 2wd 2.4 L 4 cyl in late August of 2009 with 143,000 miles. Got roughly 148,000 as of now, Paid $1,900 for it, pretty good deal I think. Truck runs great, except for a little hard shifting when it's cold in the morning. I think it might need a new oxygen sensor too cause a mechanic said it was working a little slow and it does seem a tad under powered. Do these trucks have 1 or 2 oxygen sensors?
Welcome to the forum. Hey, I lived in Escondido before I moved out here to the middle of nowhere. You got any snow on Palomar? We used to fill the truck bed and have snowball fights on Valley Parkway cruising on Friday nights.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got a 93 4 cyl 4x4 w/ a little over 200k on it ive had it for a little over a half a year, and i put about 15k on it, and i beat the living sh** out of it for the first month or two i had it cause i thought it would breakin in half (i bought it for $200) it ran so i thought it was a deal, the guy just put new brakes and tires on it so i just wanted the tires, but this truck is a beast it will go through anything and i mean anything, it plowed through 3.5 feet of snow and just kept smiling

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just hit 247,000 today. That's 600 on the new engine. It's running sweet and I'm almost used to having a clutch. I still kill it backing up occasionally, the old pressure plate had been running on the rivets for god knows how long. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think that was the original clutch for over 246,000 miles. I think it'll last to 500,000. Oh yeah.. that's miles not kilometers.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just hit 247,000 today. That's 600 on the new engine. It's running sweet and I'm almost used to having a clutch. I still kill it backing up occasionally, the old pressure plate had been running on the rivets for god knows how long. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think that was the original clutch for over 246,000 miles. I think it'll last to 500,000. Oh yeah.. that's miles not kilometers.
I think your mean clutch disc.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
99 Nissan Frontier 2.4 (4 cylinder) 173,000 miles bought it new with 19 miles on it. The only problem I had was the stabilizer I-bolt kept getting busted/broke, replaced it several both sides. Second issue is the flashing air bag, did not do anything to air bag electrically or mechanically just replaced a cd player. Some errors codes like oxygen sensor, egr valve, maf sensor and knock sensor. Still running fine...

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.