Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
I have 180whp with a VE and a CAI/Header/Exhaust. Redline at 7700rpm and HP peak at 7200 rpm. Same torque as the sr20de. New cams in a couple weeks should net me 192+whp. I know I am cheating with the VE but I thought I would tell you just so you can see how easy it is to do with a VE compared to a DE. VE should become more common in the next several years.

· Registered
324 Posts
DOHCslide said:
what kind of times are you running? is the car still in stock trim, ie no weight reductions? are you running the stock sr tranny or the ve tranny? someone mentions the n1 tranny is stronger than the de tranny with shorter gears. is there fabricating to get that trans to work? what axles, wiring, and ecu are you running?
im curious about this motor so anything you can share would be cool.
shawn
This is not a 1/4 mile car. Formost it is an autocross car. With the car wieghing 2485 it ran a 14.6 @95 or so mph. I have yet to get a good launch with this car. Stock 97 tranny with a quaife, JWT ECU, CAI, Headers, Exhaust. The N1 tranny that is cable operatted is not any stronger then the regular tranny (from what I have been told), It's the Hydralic tranny that is stronger.

· Registered
324 Posts
The sr16ve also came with a N1 tranny that is basically the same as ours just shorter 1-3rd and a shorter final drive. The cable shift one is off the 2001 VE (I think 2001) and is a bolt up to the block but requires work for the linkage and clutch. It is also a 6 speed. The 2001 SR20DE tranny is about 15% stronger and also has some installation issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.