Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is the factory manifold really that restrictive?

From what Ive heard, you get noise, and actually lose power with some headers, especially CHEAP ones like pacesetter, watch your sensors, when the headers burn in they will take your 02 out.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the factory manifold really that restrictive?

From what Ive heard, you get noise, and actually lose power with some headers, especially CHEAP ones like pacesetter, watch your sensors, when the headers burn in they will take your 02 out.
The headers been on my truck for 5-6 yrs no problems with that!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did u notice any performance improvement? I have the classic manifold problem and I am thinking of upgrading to Pacesetter Headers.
Yes, a big improvement but mostly due to the Cam, it's timing and the headers! It's very peppy and pulls hard from 2000 rpm to 5000 rpm and startsrunning out of breath (small ass TBI butterfly) @ about 6000 rpm! I'll be able to provide some times with my GTech (accelerometer) tester. I'm guessing low-mid 15's in 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a reply from shop that sells the pacesetter headers for my 95 v6 4x4, Its not CA legal, No CARB #... :(

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got a reply from shop that sells the pacesetter headers for my 95 v6 4x4, Its not CA legal, No CARB #... :(
Not sure about your application, but I thought they all had Carb # on the Pacesetter Website. Mine have all the oem emission fittings and doesn't affect emission one bit! I've passed with good #'s for the last 5-6 years and I have to do the loaded dyno style 2000-3000 rpm power pull, annually! 327,000 miles headers, cam, etc....:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about your application, but I thought they all had Carb # on the Pacesetter Website. Mine have all the oem emission fittings and doesn't affect emission one bit! I've passed with good #'s for the last 5-6 years and I have to do the loaded dyno style 2000-3000 rpm power pull, annually! 327,000 miles headers, cam, etc....:confused:
The headers are from an ebay seller for my 95 v6 4x4 and was told that they are not CA street legal. I use my truck as a daily driver.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The headers are from an ebay seller for my 95 v6 4x4 and was told that they are not CA street legal. I use my truck as a daily driver.
Yeah,
You're right, offroad use only! Take it to another emission station and don't deal with them. I've never had a problem with any of my modded vehicles here in Texas and We're required to do this annually!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts