Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am interested in porting the 92 GA16DE head myself using die-grinders and cartridge rolls to do the job. Taper the ports, etc. has anyone done this with good results? what tools and sandpaper cartridge rolls did you use? company you got the tools from? I bought a die grinder and stone kit, but not sure what you use to do a proper job.

Thanks

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did a port and polish on my head myself. I got the port and polish kit from Matco Tools although Jegs sells a comparable kit for a little less(didn't find that out till after i bought mine...). I haven't had my car dynoed but it picked a little top end and lost some bottom end. I have read that you really need cam's to notice any difference. I port matched the intake and exhaust and cleaned up the runners in to the comnbustion chamber. There is plenty of work to be done there as there are lots of sharp angles so i rounded them out also i deshrouded the valves a little bit. When you take your head off you will definetely notice the undersized exhaust port and valves(they are tiny...). Hopes this helps. Since porting an polishing I have since added JWT ECU a hotshot(knockoff) CAI a hotshot header and just yesterday finished up my 2" header back exhaust( got a welder for Christmas SWEET) and the little GA feels pretty PEPPY. Taking it to the track on Friday and I will let you know what it runs.(off topic I know but to give you an idea of what you can expect):topic:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts