Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting my exhuast done soon i already have a muffler and a resonator but i wanted to know if anyone knows how many and what degree bends i should get??? (i.e.45degree 90degree 180degree)

L

·
0 Posts
what the fuck 3 U Bends??? where are you going to shoot the exhaust out of your front end??? i thought it was the less bends and the least degrees the better the flow.... why would you wanna bend the tubes in a 180 deg...

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
He's talking about ordering 180 degree bends so the muffler shop can cut them to the angle they need. This is the only way to get a mandrel bent exhaust in a lot of places since machines to make mandrel bends are so expensive.

L

·
0 Posts
oh shit my bad.. but damn there has to be some shops in San Diego dat have a mandrel bend machine... shit practically every muffler shop here in Long Beach has one...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha...well right now im shopping around..im going to compare prices of a custom exhuast where i supply the bends as opposed to a shop making me some...

L

·
0 Posts
dats cool but you should really consider getting it custom done.. instead of buying the U's and then cutting and rewelding.. it is just gonna be a disaster...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gonna go into this muffler shop thats close to here and see what they charge for a whole mandrel bent system if it seems like a good deal ill go for it if not ill just buy the bends and head south of the border to a reliable shop a few guys around here know about:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts